Sunday, August 04, 2013

Natural vs. Man-Made



"When I judge art, I take my painting and put it next to a God made object like a tree or a flower. If it clashes, it is not art."

~Paul Cezanne

I love Cezanne's work. Don't you?

:)

I have such a passion for photography, I don't know if I can choose between nature, or human created  artistic subjects. I have seen some sunsets that I couldn't look away from because of their intense colors. Sunsets that look like they had to have been painted by the hand of God, but then I have photographed certain architectural works of art that have captivated me just as much! The pyramid building in San Francisco is amazing, it always catches my eye. I look forward to seeing it when I am in the city. But then there are the faces I encounter at random, like the brides that are sometimes posing for pictures in Golden Gate Park. They never fail to make me feel good inside. I have yet to see a bride, that doesn't have the purest look of love on her face, as she poses with her one and only. I have never seen a bride that cares more about herself in the photos, then her husband. That's love! :) No! It's impossible! I can't decided between the natural world, and man-made. But when you think about it, we come by our imaginative, artistic nature... well... naturally.  So, isn't man-made and nature one in the same?

Thoughts?


"Melting Snow On Mt. Hamilton" February 20th, 2013
Inspired By Cezanne's "Melting Snow At Fountainbleau."



"Orchids" July 31st, 2013
Conservatory Of Flowers
Golden Gate Park, San Francisco



TransAmerica Pyramid
July 31st, 2013
San Francisco, California



Mood: Quiet

~Me :)

No comments: