Wednesday, July 24, 2013

To Thine Own Shoe Be True



"If you were to ask me what's under my bed, I'd tell you shoes. They're brown, and they're still attached to the body that's been decomposing there since I hid it three days ago."

~Jarod Kintz, This Book Is Not For Sale

I came across this pair of tan deck shoes, hanging on a pole, in Haight Ashbury the other day. I named this photo "Pole Dancing" for obvious reasons. LOL. If you are in a creative mood, feel free to leave your own caption for this photo in the comment thread. I would love to see what you come up with.

And Now A Poem...

No red, Yes no?
In out, up down,
Do, don't, can, can't?
Choices sit on the shelf of life
New shoes in a shoe shop
If the crowd are squeezing into must-have shoes
And the one pair left are too tiny for you
Don't feel compelled into choosing them
If you're really a size 9, buy that size.
While everyone hobbles round with sore feet
Your choices should feel comfortable
Or they aren't your choices at all.
Why limp, when you can sprint?

~David Baird, Fiesta Of Happiness: Be True To Yourself

Mood: Happy

~Me :)

No comments: