Thursday, June 06, 2013

My Orange Tabby Heating Pad



"The smallest feline is a masterpiece."

~Leonardo da Vinci

I took this photo of Dylan after he had been a member of our family just 2 days! I was already hopelessly in love with him, having experienced love at first sight the minute we met. He and I were meant to be each other's family, it was written in a big book by God himself, and I never had a chance! Neither did Alan or Hendrix. Hendrix had been adopted a full week earlier, but he was very happy to have a little brother to beat up on, and share toys with. We are a true American family. A mom, a dad and their two little boys. Well... one little boy, and a tabby colored hot water bottle! That's right... you read that last part correct. We didn't adopt a kitten, we adopted an orange tabby hot water bottle. Or maybe space heater is more accurate. Either way... Dylan throws off heat better than any heating pad I have ever owned.

As I have mentioned many times, I am not a big fan of summer, other than the fact that my joints seem to swell and hurt less during summer, I don't really have much use for it. I consider it 3 months that are necessary to finally reach autumn. I don't like heat. Not one little bit. In winter, if one finds the temperature uncomfortable, you can always put another layer on, but in summer, you really only have a few options to rectify the situation. But what do you do when it's summer, and the kitty cat love of your life insists on sitting on your lap, or sleeping across your legs when it's summer? LOL. I don't have the heart to push him away, but even with the air conditioner going, and the temperature in the room reads 65 degrees, I still wake up sweating!

A cat's normal body temperature is 100 to 103, so ideally, 101 is just about perfect. I have never had Dylan officially checked as to what is usual number is, but I am thinking it is probably 103. LOL. Goodness, it's just the oddest thing. Elvis weighed about 29 pounds at his heaviest, and he never threw off heat. Hendrix, who weighs about 13 pounds, is a normal kitty as far as how warm he is when he is sitting on my lap, but Dylan... he is unbelievably warm. LOL. He weighs maybe 8 pounds. He is the smallest cat I ever owned, and he is by far the warmest! And the funniest part is that he actually gets upset if the air conditioner cools the house off too much! He will walk around, mewing and meowing until I turn the air conditioner off! LOL.

And I usually do! LOL.

He's my baby. He has a warm soul. Or he's demonic. I am not always sure which! LOL.

Yes I am.

It's the first one... he has a big, happy, warm heart and soul.

But goodness he throws off heat!

:)

Here is a little fun reading about cats...

99 Interesting Facts About Cats

Mood: Happy

~Me :)

No comments: