Wednesday, June 19, 2013

A Nice Place For High Tea



"One of the most productive ways a government can spend money on the people is by building more prisons. That's what makes the US so great. That's what freedom is all about."

Isn't that a pretty building? Odd that it is the main jail, and only jail, in Half Moon Bay, California. Half Moon Bay is one of my favorite places in the Bay Area to visit. As it's name suggests, it is a small coastal town on HWY 1, about 25 miles or so south of San Francisco. I visit Half Moon Bay often, but in October I haunt the place. Especially Pastorino's Farm, where Alan and I always buy our pumpkins for Halloween. Half Moon Bay is pumpkin central for the Bay Area, but they grow some mighty good Brussels Sprouts as well! At certain times of the year, if the tide is high enough, the world famous Maverick's hold their surf contest! There is plenty of things to do there.

Half Moon Bay is one of the great loves of my life, it's artistic, it's serene, it's inviting, it's quirky, it's spooky when the fog rolls in, and apparently it's pleasant even if you wake up and find yourself hooskow! LOL! To me, it looks more like a place you could stop into if you were peckish and wanted a mini muffin, and some sweet tea. But that's a good thing I think, after all, getting arrested makes for a bad day for most, so at least getting arrested in Half Moon Bay doesn't make it a completely wasted experience!

I mean doesn't it kinda look like Sheriff Andy Taylor will just come walking out the door any time? That's a good thing... right? :)

Oh, one more thing, if you like to garden with roses as I do, Half Moon Bay has some pretty great nurseries as well! Oh... and salt water taffy!

Mood: Reflective But Happy

~Me :)

1 comment:

jr cline said...

It does look like Andy will walk out the door. lol. I visited Half Moon Bay years ago.