Thursday, May 30, 2013

Smile... Pass It On



"Does the giraffe know what he's for? Or Care? Or even think about his place in things? A giraffe has a black tongue twenty-seven inches long and no vocal cords. A giraffe has nothing to say. He just foes on giraffing."

~Robert Fulghum, All I really Need To Know I Learned In Kindergarten

I spotted this goofy giraffe near the Oakland Zoo. I love it. Is it public art? You bet! Does it make me smile? Of course it does! I wish there was more stuff like this around. I would love to see art taken seriously in public schools again. Can you imagine how much nicer one's commute would be to see the occasional wild animal, or vase of flowers, or even just an amazing smile or message like... "Have  A Nice Day"... painted on a support beam or overpass? Great things can begin with a smile.






Mood: Happy

~Me :)

No comments: