Friday, March 15, 2013

Meow Mommy?



"The smallest feline is a masterpiece."

~Leonardo da Vinci

I am sick. It's a bad cold. I hurt all over... bad. I seem to get two or three hours out of the day when I am not in spasms of coughing, or doubled over in pain from pulled muscles in my back, legs, upper arms and chest.

My previous cat, Elvis, was a caregiver. He took care of Alan and we knew that his word was it! Every evening of his life, he would come into the living room at approximately 10:00 P.M. and stare a hole through us, until we got up, turned off the TV and went to bed. We would generally all get in bed together by 10:15 P.M.

After we lost Elvis to cancer, and prior to meeting our two new babies, I wondered what it would be like to not have someone care that much about the amount of sleep I got? I knew it would be just one more reason as to why my life would never be the same again!

Who knew? Hendrix was the first of the two new kitten children, and from the first moment Alan and I met our little man, he made it clear that he is here to take care of us! And a week later, when we found Dylan, we joked a bit with Hendrix that Dylan was now the baby, and he was the big brother, so it was his responsibility to take care of his baby!

We were just joking! But somehow it has always seemed like our little Hendix had not only understood our words, but had taken them completely to heart! LOL. Never assume your cat has NO idea what you are saying, they are amazingly intelligent and capable animals! It can be so funny when Hendrix will just out of the blue, begin to wrestle an unsuspecting Dylan, giving him the cat version of a nuggie, and biting him,vampire-like, about the nect!

I know I shouldn't laugh, but God help me, it's funny! Poor Dylan! And poor Hendrix when he doesn't understand why he is in trouble, when we told him that Dylan was his baby! LOL. Hendrix always looks up with a slightly hurt look on his face, as his eyes seem to convey... "But you said it was my baby!?"

Hendrix makes mistakes, we all do, even Elvis did, but the one thing he gets completely right is how he cares for Alan and I! He knows I am making scary noises. He knows I get scared when I can't breath sometimes, and he never leaves my side during those times! Yesterday morning I felt particularly alone, after experiencing a deep coughing spasm that made me feel like I was not so much pulling muscles, but rather breaking bones!

I was in the bathroom crying out of frustration, when the door opening with a thud. Hendrix came into the bathroom and wrapped his legs around mine, and pulled me down to sit, which I did. He then concentrated on nothing else for the 20 minutes except making me feel loved! He kissed my faced, rubbed his head on my forehead, then cuddled with me for about 3 hours after I went back to bed.

Hendrix loves me, and I love him back!

Mood: Happy

**Don't forget tomorrow, Saturday March 23rd, is the date for the next round of the Round Robin Challenges! Click HERE to be redirected to the official Round Robin Challenges blog where you can find all the information to play along!

~Me :)

No comments: