Saturday, March 16, 2013

I Can Has Spoiled Cat?



"On the other hand, I think cats have Asperger's. Like me, they're very smart. And, like me, they sometimes simply need to be left alone."

~Jodi Picoult

This is the face of a spoiled cat. Can you see the spoil? LOL. On the other hand, this is also the face of my child Dylan. Ask any cat enthusiast about whether there is any real difference between little boy humans, and little boy cats, and they will tell you, NOPE. Little boy humans and little boy cats are pretty much the same thing. Both are willful. Both have NO problem informing you of how completely wrong you are. Both species will fight with their brothers, out of a need to play and engage, and out of a need to express how completely pissed off their brothers can make them! LOL. Ask me sometime about the HUGE mistake I made over a little blue catnip mouse, that nearly lead to WWIII. No kidding!

I never had children, well, I never had human children. I was pregnant once, I lost the baby before I even knew I was pregnant. I never had time to become emotionally attached to the child. I had a very easy miscarriage, not emotionally speaking, but physically. A lot of blood, but no pain. I didn't even realize that was what it was, until a couple days later. After that event Alan and I didn't make any conscience decisions to not have children, I think we thought we might one day, but it wasn't really a priority. Here I am, a couple months away from my 51st birthday, and I can say that these furry little men meet all the needs I have maternally speaking. And I know one day I will meet my child in a different light then this one, but for now Elvis is keeping them filled in on all things mommy and daddy.

My furbabies love me. The need me, and they allow me to know that. I have someone to take care of and guide, although these two seemed to have come with the manuals on how to raise a proper human, so in actuality, I think it might be me who is being raised. I know I learn things from them all the time, and I can admit it! Here's the thing... what makes these two little boys right for me, is the fact that I will never have to get a call about a school shooting! Or a call about my child having gone missing. Or go through the worry of him coming to me one day and telling me he had been hurt by someone in such a way that he could only heal so just far but never completely.

Anyway, these two young men needed us, because of their individual stories. Both lost their feline mommies, but I was more than willing to shower them with love. And look at Dylan... I might be a little partial, but isn't he the most beautiful tabby cat? He isn't overly affectionate, but he doesn't mind being hugged for as long as I need to. He gets a deep brushing each night before I go to bed, and he purrs so deep that he sounds like a monster truck! His favorite thing in the world is to have his belly rubbed! Sometimes, when he is feeling silly, he will make an O formation with his mouth which means he is about the playfully attack. It's the funniest, cutest thing ever. I must do a video soon so I can share with you.

Sorry, I know I am going on and on here. I suppose I should put a sign at the top of the blog that reads...

WARNING: HOPELESS CAT LADY LIVES HERE. ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!

LOL. But really, isn't he cute?



Alan and I are thinking about sending a photo into I Can Has Cheeseburger. Without telling you which one is Alan's and which one is mine, care to help us choose the best one?

#1.

#2.

Dylan is a very spoiled cat, and I admit, I am the one who spoiled him! I am spoiled to, Alan is the one who spoiled me. Hendrix is spoiled, but that was both Alan and I together. Alan is spoiled, but that came from Hendrix, and me... a little. LOL. Okay, we are just a bunch of spoiled people, but there is so much love and life in this house and I wouldn't have it any other way!

Mood: Happy... still sick! But not happy I am sick!

~Me :)

No comments: