Monday, March 25, 2013

Good News Should Always Involve White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake



"Seize the moment. Remember all those women on the Titanic who waved off the dessert cart."

~Erma Bombeck

It's official... I am better! The cold is finally lifting, after a long four weeks, I can breathe again, and OMG, I can sleep for longer than an 1 1/2 hours without waking up with the sensation of choking to death! Yippee! I slept yesterday for... wait for it... 6 straight hours! Yes, woke up coughing, a little bit, maybe 30 minutes or so, but that is a huge improvement! At the peak of the cold, I would wake up choking and coughing, and I would be in a spasm of coughing that would last up to 2 hours! Several times I felt like I was about to break a rib, and I pulled more than one muscle, but thankfully the pain didn't last long! If I continue on this course, I think next week at this time I should be 100% or better. I am aiming for that.

Come HELL or HIGH WATER, I am getting out one day this week with the cameras! Ideally, I would spend the day on the peninsula and in the city, because that would maximise my chances of doing a lot of spontaneous photography amongst my self assigned ops. I love those photos that come along by pure chance, when your mind is concentrating elsewhere! Those moments, and images, are the gifts of the muse. Sometimes I prefer to jump in the car with no preconceived ideas or notions about the day in photos. It's fun! It's exciting! Well... to me it is! LOL.

So, that's the good news. And so is that luscious White Chocolate Raspberry cheesecake! Alan brought me home a slice, and I made a deal with myself to make it last 3 days! Don't get me wrong, I could inhale that yumminess in one quick breath, even with my cold, but the truth is I don't need all the calories at once, so I am pacing myself and counting calories accordingly. Everything is managed when you are a diabetic. It's all good.

Okay, do you have any good news to share? Feel free to leave me your thoughts in the comment thread!

"Dessert is probably the most important stage of the meal, since it will be the last thing your guests remember before they pass out all over the table.'

~William Powell

Mood: HAPPY

~Me :)

No comments: