Friday, January 04, 2013

Quiet On The Set!





"Give them pleasure. The same pleasure they have when they wake up from a nightmare."

~Alfred Hitchcock

Yesterday, as I was tiptoeing through my 2012 archives, I came across a several photos that I liked a lot, but that I never got around to posting before the end of the year. So, in the coming weeks I think I will be posting a combination of brand new photos, and some from 2012 that for whatever reason, didn't quite make it to the blog. I am happy that I came across the photos from 2012 that are fresh to the blog because when the clock struck midnight on New Year's Eve it didn't just usher in a new year, it brought a nice little colony of ants along for the fun! Needless to say, I have been a busy lady lately.

Ugg... I hate ants. I managed to do really well with keeping them out of the garden last summer, just by maintaining a certain amount of diligent gardening, including the occasional deep dusting of cinnamon, which as you might know is natures best way to confuse an ant! No kidding! Cinnamon causes the ants to become confused, which in turn gives you a way to send them on their way without accidentally hurting any other little creature that might happen through the yard. The garden was an amazing success, and I owe it all to cinnamon!

I am going to Costco later today to purchase a large amount of cinnamon, to make the same liquid spray solution I used last summer, to try and eradicate this new collection. The ones in the house seem to be grease eating ants, which is fine, they are quite easy to deal with, but the trouble is, we can't seem to figure out where they are getting in. Ugg AGAIN!. We have been working on the situation, literally since New Year's Day, and it's just a never ending line of ants! There are a couple more things we will be trying this weekend, hopefully it will finally bring an end to the ant drama!

Think good thoughts for me, and bad thoughts for the ants! Okay?

If nothing else, perhaps I will get some good photos of the invaders. I need to do more practice with macro photography. Wish me luck with that also!

Will they be ready for their close-up?

Stay Tuned!


~Me :)
"Quiet On The Set"
AMC
Emeryville, Ca
August 9th 2012

1 comment:

jr cline said...

The ants go marching one by one, hurrah, hurrah The ants go marching one by one, hurrah, hurrah The ants go marching one by one, The little one stops to suck his thumb And they all go marching down to the ground To get out of the rain, BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

Good luck with the macro photos and ant confusion techniques.