Monday, January 28, 2013

A Little Of This And A Little Of That



"The moon is a friend for the lonesome to talk to."

~Carl Sandberg

It's almost the end of January! That went by quick! Well depending on what I was doing at the time. During the ant invasion, which lasted almost three weeks, it seemed like time had stopped. That last batch of ants were some of the most difficult ones to deal with I have ever come up with. That's okay, they still weren't as bad as the UBERANTS of 2007. They were the ones that would suddenly explode into what seemed like millions, but really thousands, seemingly out of nowhere. One minute everything was fine, the next minute they were there, and they were mean and liked to bite. Elvis hated them, and was a good guy about telling me when some would pop up unexpectedly. I sure miss how he took care of me.

Anyway, I took some photos that I didn't get around to posting, so I thought it might be a nice way to spend a Monday on my blog, sharing the ones that got passed up. :) We are starting with that moon shot above. I wish I had more definition, but with the clouds it simply refused to come together. I need to do more practice with that. The moon has always been a favorite subject.

Coca-Cola


"The only way that I could figure they could improve upon Coca-Cola, one of life's most delightful elixirs, which studies prove will heal the sick and occasionally raise the dead, is to put rum or bourbon in it."
~Lewis Grizzard, New York Times, April 26, 1985

The Oakland San Francisco Bay Bridge
 

"Bridges are America's cathedrals."
~Unknown

Crossing A Bridge


"My land is bare of chattering; the clouds are low along the ridges, and sweets the air with curly smoke from all my burning bridges."

~Dorothy Parker

San Francisco


"It's an off thing, but anyone who disappears is said to be seen in San Francisco. It must be a delightful city and possess all the attractions of the next world."

~Oscar Wilde

Autumn Trees In Winter


"Love the trees until their leaves fall off, then encourage them to try again next year."

~Chadd Sugg

Blackbird


"Blackbirds are the cellos of the deep farms."

~Unknown

Okay, that's it. That's all the photos from January that never found a blog posting. I had a lot fun and found a lot of peace taking the photos, because, as always, photography saves me on so many levels.

Mood: Happy

~Me :)

No comments: