Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Ice Cream Nirvana



"It's simply a very romantic place. Just one look at any of these streets, and you couldn't be anywhere else... it's so beautiful, and there's that location, and the sense of the free spirit. Who couldn't ravenous in such a place?"

~Julia Child

Ravenous INDEED! Alan and I had plans to visit Girardelli Square while we were on vacation this year, but somehow we just didn't make it over there. How is that possible? What were we thinking? LOL. I took this shot as we were sailing back through the Golden Gate on our way back from the Eco Tour we took. Just sailing past that sign made me ravenous for my favorite sundae.. 

The Gold Rush

Vanilla ice cream with freshly homemade hot fudge and melted peanut butter throughout. Perfectly topped with whipped cream, chopped almonds, a cherry and a Ghirardelli SQUARES Milk Chocolate.

Umm... YUM!

Alan and I have a tentative date for the day after Thanksgiving. That's another day that we traditionally spend in the city, and what better way to end a day of walking around Union Square, then sharing a little ice cream NIRVANA! 

Here is a Ghirardelli menu (PDF)


~Me 


1 comment:

jr cline said...

I like ice cream. In the summer I sometimes take myself down to DeSoto Family Fun Center for an ice cream cone.