Friday, September 21, 2012

A Photo A Day For 6 Months: Day 133~ A Hubcap Diamond Star Halo?



"Money may not buy happiness, but I would rather cry in a Jaguar than on a bus."

~Francoise Sagan

I wouldn't mind owning a Jaguar. That being said, I also don't mind driving a car that is actually within my means. That being said, my beloved Lilith, a 2007 Saturn ION is sending me scary, mean, nasty, little codes once again. As you might remember, earlier this year Alan and I spent close to $4,000 fixing her various boo-boos. It sucked, but I figured that now that all her peculiarities had been addressed, I would have several years of joyful, blissful driving.

(Insert personal cuss word of choice here) Personally, I prefer FUCK!

Okay, the writing is on the wall, it's time to give up the ghost. So. Hmmm. What to do? Where to go? What to price? Hmmmm again. Well, at least it's very nearly the autumn, and that means all car dealerships are beginning to hold "All Cars Must Go" sales, and "First Look" sales, so I decided to see what my options are. Here is what I found that out...

Meet The 2013 Chevy Spark (


Okay, here is the lowdown...

 

2013 Chevy Spark

Starting at $12,245
10 Airbags
85 HP
31.2 Cubic Feet Cargo Volume
38 MPG HWY
28 City
And it actually comes in some pretty nice colors. I like Pink Techno and Denim, but Jalapeno is fun to. But lets face it, the color has very little to do with anything. God I hate it when a car salesman comes out to greet Alan and I and the first question they ask me is, what color I like the best? Just once it would be amazing to have them ask me what kind of gas mileage I am shooting for. I guess that's just the hazard of being a drop dead gorgeous female! LOL. I look dumb. LOL. Actually, I am pretty sure only Alan and maybe an ex-boyfriend or two are the only ones who would describe me that way. LOL. But you get my drift.

I am already mourning my lovely Saturn ION Lilith. But the truth is we simply can't afford putting money into a car that was that poorly made. It has become a money pit. Alan works too hard for us to keep throwing our money away. I wish Saturn had remained the company they were when I bought my first Saturn back in the late 90's. Those cars preformed well, we got a lot out of them in terms of dependability and gas mileage, and Saturn had a good maintenance program that helped us keep them in good shape. Unfortunately, Saturn changed, seemingly overnight, when they stopped operating as an independent company from Pontiac.  When our late 90's Saturns came to their natural end, we didn't hesitate to hit the local Saturn dealership for the next generation. That will always be the worst automotive mistake in our marriage.

I can't and don't want to dwell on it. I just want to quietly move on. I love inanimate objects, it's one of my worst character traits. I get attached to things that have NO way of loving me back. Stuffed animals, paintings and art, movies, but its different when you have a car that you are sure loves you. I believe (don't laugh) my cars have genuinely loved me back, and in Lilith's case she didn't mean to be a pain in the ass... it wasn't her fault... she built with substandard materials. There are no bad cars, only CROOKED CAR MANUFACTURERS. There is a long list of complaints about the later Saturn IONs, including all the various problems we have had. Someone else should be picking up the bill for these lemons, but that is not how the world works.

Sigh.

I am ready to move on. It's going to be fun. Well, at least until the inevitable buyers remorse sets in. I really like the Chevy Spark, and so does Alan, and so does Car And Driver magazine. Okay, I am good to go, but one thing... with my fear of fire, I just wish it wasn't called a SPARK.

LOL.

Lemon Law Complaints About Saturns

GM Lemon Law

Barnabus Collins: How soon can the horses be ready?
Elizabeth Stoddard: We don't have horses... we have a Chevy.

~From the Tim Burton's Dark Shadows

Note: Here is a little music for you. I have had "Get It On" (Bang A Gong) in my head since I saw the movie Dark Shadows earlier this year. One thing... I get what the song is about, but, um... "a hubcap diamond star halo?" Odd... very odd methinks.

Get It On (Bang A Gong) By T Rex




~Me :)

Now, go and pay a visit to my pal JR. He has been a faithful participant of my APAD project, with perfect attendance. He is awesome. Both as a friend and an amazing photographer. Go check out his blog.

JR
http://jrclinephotography.blogspot.com/2012/09/padf6-129.html


No comments: