Monday, September 03, 2012

A Photo A Day For 6 Months: Day 116~ As Seen In San Francisco



"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade windows in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

~H. Jackson Brown., P.S. I Love You.

Today's posting is a bit of randomosity, but there is one thing that unites the photos... all of the them were taken during my time in San Francisco the last couple weeks. Ahh San Francisco... I love you!

Photo One... The Octopus

 

I spotted this octopus on 24th Street, just across the street from the little market, Casa Lucas, where Woody Allen had filmed a scene for his new movie. I didn't make it in time to capture a picture of them at work, but I didn't pass up the opportunity to walk around the neighborhood a bit and check things out.

Photo Two... Sally Hawkins As Herself



I was looking through my files from the month of August, and to my happy surprise, I found a photo of actress Sally Hawkins among my "To Edits." I had completely forgotten I got a photo of her as well. She will be playing the sister of Cate Blanchett's character. She came down the red stairs really quick, and scooted around the corner onto Lexington really quick. I was lucky to capture this photo! I wish I could have taken more pictures of her, but the opportunity just didn't present itself again.

Photo Three... Listen To This Wall

 

This wall caught my eye as Alan and I were searching around Haight/Ashbury searching for Woody Allen. I wasn't sure what it was about, but upon searching around on the Internet I found out is a new and innovative approach to improving the urban landscape. A decluttering of sorts. Cool. I will be looking forward to seeing more!

Photo Four... Dr. Who?

 

See the guy on the right? The one in the dark blue shirt? He is one of the dentists that occupies the professional building that was featured in Woody Allen's movie project. I didn't get a chance to speak with him much, but he seemed to enjoy his day off, watching the filming going on. I imagine there are worse ways one could spend an August day. LOL.

Photo Five... The Squat And Gobble.

 

I don't know a lot about this restaurant, except that the have a menu that makes my mouth water! LOL. This is the front of the restaurant that I saw Woody Allen walking out of. See, like I said, I was only about five feet from him, and where was my camera? Sigh. That missed opportunity is gonna bug me for a while methinks. :(

Now, about the picture at the top. Doesn't the face just about say it all? I think someone got their car towed... which is a terrible feeling... I think. I makes me want to be a really good citizen, and follow all DMV rules and regulations. Not that I don't already... but you know... just sayin!

"Longed for him. Got him. Shit!"

~Margaret Atwood

:)

~Me



1 comment:

T. Roger Thomas said...

Cool street art and cool quotes!