Sunday, June 17, 2012

A Photo A day For 6 Months: Day 38: Bird Rock


From For Ellipsis


"Home is not where you live, but where thy understand you."


~Christian Morganstern

 

Bird Rock, located on the 17 Mile drive on the Monterey Peninsula, is one of the most striking stops along the route, which eventually winds down to Pebble Beach, is always one of my favorite stops along the route. It is a lovely place to stop and take in not just the beauty Pacific ocean at your feet, but also get in a little bird watching as well. No matter how many visits I make to this stunning vista, I am always amazed at just how many birds cover the rock. 


On this particular day, back in October of 2007, there seemed to be mostly cormorants, but on other visits I have seen pelicans, pigeons, and I believe an odd sandpiper or two. But it's not just birds that sun themselves on the rock, as you can see here, harbor seals apparently enjoy lazing there as well. And why not? The 17 Mile drive is among the most beautiful stretches of California coastline, and to them its home. Lucky ducks... and cormorants... and pigeons... and pelicans. LOL.








"Home is where you can say anything you please, because nobody pays any attention to you anyway:"


~Joe Moore

~Me :)

This is day 38 of my personal challenge of posting A Photo A Day For 6 Months. If you would like to join me, please feel free to join in! There is no theme, no worries about what you post. Just upload your photo, and come back here with a direct link back to it. I will include your link with my post for tomorrow. Its that easy! See, like my pal JR...


JR
http://jrclinephotography.blogspot.com/2012/06/apadf6-37.html

1 comment:

jr cline said...

Bird rock is amazing. Look at all those birds. WOW! Seems I went to Pebble Beach years ago.

Here is my link: http://jrclinephotography.blogspot.com/2012/06/apadf6-38.html