"Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns."
Autumn Begins Today At 2:04 AM PDT
If you have known me any length of time, you know that autumn is my favorite season of the year. I adore every beautiful moment of it. From the cool, crisp mornings, to the warm early evenings. I would much rather have a bouquet of autumn leaves, then the most expensive roses you can find, and if I am not out photographing the natural beauty all around me, then you can find me in the kitchen cooking up a witches brew of the best fruits and veggies of the season! I don't quite know how to explain it, but there is just something about this season that makes me feel more alive than any other time of year! My energy rises, as does my creativity. I LOVE IT! I find inspiration everywhere! Sometimes, it almost feels supernatural. Autumn just speaks to me on a heightened level of joy and creativity I don't feel at any other time of the year, and over the years I have learned to listen, and obey. :)
The photo above was taken at Apple Hill last October, near the town of Camino.
The photo below was taken in late November, 2005, in San Ramon, California.
So, there you have my Autumn Greeting Postcard. If you would like to play along with this week's Monday Photo Shoot assignment, there is still plenty of time to do so. Just click the link below to be redirected to the original assignment entry where you will find all the details you need to play along!
"Every autumn speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the autumn tree."
PS If you visited this page earlier today, you may have noticed that I put the wrong date on the photos! LOL. I knew the date, but somehow, someway, I put the wrong date and didn't catch it until this morning. LOL. Oh well, what can I say? Except, maybe... HUMAN HERE! LOL :)
"There is a harmony in autumn, and a luster in it's sky, which through the summer is not heard or seen, as if it could not be, as if it had not been!"
-Percy Bysshe Shelley
EMPS #142: CREATE AN AUTUMN GREETING POSTCARD!NOW CLOSED! Autumn begins officially in just a few days, so lets usher it in with a homemade AUTUMN GREETING POSTCARD! Usually I prefer to see new photos submitted for the assignment, but I know that autumn doesn't put on the same show of color everywhere as it does in oh, say, New England states. So, for the purpose of this week's assignment, feel free to reach into the archives! Please put your AUTUMN GREETING on your photograph using your photo editing software, the same as you might see on a POSTCARD. I will be joining you this week, so look for my entry later this week!
Extra Credit: Create a second postcard featuring any subject!
Guidelines for Assignment Submissions...
1.The EMPS closes each Sunday evening at 9:00 PM (ET). No submissions will be accepted after that time.
2. Submit your entry by getting your photo, uploading it to you blog or website, and then comeback here and leave me your link in the comment thread. PLEASE REMEMBER... THE LINK YOU LEAVE MUST GO BACK TO AN ENTRY WHICH IS SPECIFIC TO THIS WEEK'S ASSIGNMENT! A general link to your site will not do, and will not be added to the list of those participating the following Monday. HYPERLINKS ARE NOT ACCEPTED!
3. Please be sure to provide a link back to the assignment in your submission, so your readers can find the assignment and join us. Everyone is welcome to play along!
4. Please keep in mind that the image you submit for the EMPS assignment, must be your own original photography. NO LIFTING!
1. Karen The mermaids of Disneyland, Ariel in particular!
2. Hapzydeco A sand sculpture in memory of the events of September 11, 2001.
Thanks guys, your participation is appreciated! :) Don't forget, I appreciate it when you guys let your imaginations run wild. If you don't happen to live in an area that sees a lot of autumn color, than consider fabric leaves, or silk mums and leaves like you might find at Michael's. Have a good week, see you next Monday!