Friday, January 15, 2010

Pink Peppercorns

From For Ellipsis


"The disparity between a restaurant's price and food quality rises in direct proportion to the size of the pepper mill."

-Bryan Miller
From For Ellipsis


I LOVE to cook. I LOVE to take photographs. I can't always do both. But when I can combine my two great loves, I am in 7th Heaven! Pink Peppercorns are delicious and therefore fantastic to work with in my culinary pursuits. Have you ever tried them? They have a slight citrus flavor, which means they taste wonderful on fish or chicken, but sometimes I sprinkle them on fruit salads as well. Tasty.

One of my goals this year, is to do more with photographing food and ingredients. It's one of the most accessible subjects, especially during the winter when it is sometimes just too cold for me to get outside with my camera. I think I will do a whole series on spices and herbs. If you want to join me, let me know and I will try to coordinate something. Leave me your thoughts in the comment thread. If we get enough interest in the subject, perhaps we will do a special Photo Shoot Assignment specifically for the spices and herbs.

-Carly

PS Don't forget tomorrow's Round Robin Challenge: Candlelight. There is still plenty of time to play, just pay a visit to the RR blog to learn all the details.

1 comment:

Jama said...

I've never seen pink peppercorn before, I wonder if I can find it here.