Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Fire By The Water

From For Ellipsis


"And where two raging fires meet together, they do consume the thing that feeds their fury."

-William Shakespeare

While in Half Moon Bay, a couple weeks ago, Alan and I came across a slow, controlled burn along the side of the road near the town of Pescadero. It was burning between HWY 1 and the cliffs that overlook the Pacific Ocean. I am afraid of fire, even under the most controlled circumstances, but on that day I just had to stop and snap off some photos. I thought the smoke, with the ocean behind it, made for some interesting shadows. Funny how even the things that scare me the most, become less frightening when I have the camera with me. I take it everywhere, but I am never more grateful for it, then when I am frightened. Strange how brave I feel with just a little help. :)
From For Ellipsis



-Carly

3 comments:

Jama said...

That looks kind of scary to me! I'm amazed at your bravery Carly, I would have taken the photos from a distance away.

Vicki ~ FL said...

That was quite brave of you Carly but the turned out great.

Martha said...

Wow Carly, sure does look scary and intense! So nice to have you drop by today :-)