Saturday, September 19, 2009

Round Robin Challenge: Chickens

From For Ellipsis


"People who count their chickens before they are hatched, act very wisely, because chickens run about so absurdly that it is impossible to count them accurately."

-Oscar Wilde

RRC: Chickens (A Challenge Most Fowl)
Suggested by Sherrie, author of the blog, Sherrie's Stuff.

Bok, Bok, Bok... Sherrie is the one to thank for this FOWL challenge, which is wonderful because... Bok, Bok, Bok, Bok.... I LOVE chickens! When I was a little girl I raised several different kinds of chickens as pets and for the wonderful fresh eggs.Ahhh ... there's nothing like it. You might be surprised to find out what wonderful pets they make, I had a small bantam chicken that was my constant companion when I was about 4 years old. Cuddly and friendly. It's was a lot of fun, but a lot of work as well. Whenever I get nostalgic for those happy times in my childhood, I pay a visit to the Little Farm inTilden Park, where there are all kinds of wonderful animals to watch and interact with. Here are some photos from my recent visit there...


From For Ellipsis


From For Ellipsis


From For Ellipsis

Bok, Bok, Bok, Bok, that's my entry, now go see what they other Robins have come up with for this foul assignment...

Linking List
WELCOME, NEW MEMBERS!

Sherrie... Sherrie's Stuff


Carly... Ellipsis
Posted!

Karen... Outpost Mavarin
Posted!

Linda... Mommy's Treasures
Posted!

Jenn... My Muskoka
Posted!

Lana G... Above The Clouds
Posted!

Nancy... Bondi Resort Blog


Maria Berg... Everything Is Green
Posted! 09/04/09

Boliyou... Endomental
Posted!

Molly Mavis... Visual Dialogues


Margaret... Facts From A Fact Woman


Suzanne R... SuzyQ421's Photo Blog
Posted!

Ruth... Scrabble Queen
Posted!

Gattina... Keyhole Pictures
Posted!

Ellen B... The Happy Wonderer
Posted!

Vicki... Sea Turtle Mom
Posted!

Hip Chick... Hip Chick's Photos
Posted!

Peggy... Holmespun Fun
Posted!

Teena... It's all about me!
Posted!

Please Note: I am having some difficulties with my computer, and I will do my best to get around to everyone, but I am not sure if I will be able to. If your name isn't on the above list, I apologize and I will add it on as soon as I can.

Be sure to check the official Round Robin blog tomorrow, to find out what our next challenge will be!

-Carly

11 comments:

ellen b said...

Hi Carly! You got some fabulous photos here. Hope your computer issues resolve soon :0)

Teena in Toronto said...

Wow! Great colours on the first one.

I played too :)

Jenn Jilks said...

And they come in such beautiful colours!

Lana G! said...

Great pictures! That first one looks as though it is ready to celebrate the fall season!

Vicki ~ FL said...

WOW Carly, that first chicken's color is beautiful.

Linda said...

That rooster is just beautiful!!! Love the other chickens, too.

Unknown said...

Great chickens! It's nice to have a farm like that nearby to visit.

Suzanne R said...

I like your story about having your pet chicken as a little girl. Love the pictures, too! Very nice!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

I love the black chicken with the white fluffy neck! It almost makes me wish I had a chicken!

Carolyn Ford said...

Love the great RED of the first one! I am going to play for the first time. I'll post soon...

MyMaracas said...

I can't believe you found all these great chickens! Totally excellent.