Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Fluttering About The Yard

From For Ellipsis


"We are like butterflies, we flutter or a day and think it's forever."

-Carl Sagan

Gulf Fritillary...

From For Ellipsis


I had lunch outside in the back yard yesterday, and while I was out there I was treated to not only watching Hendrix and Dylan playing kitten games, but also the presence of at least three different types of butterflies happily fluttering about. That makes for a good day!

Common White Checkered...

From For Ellipsis


From For Ellipsis


From For Ellipsis


It looks like it will be a good autumn for butterflies, and that makes me smile, because in a few weeks we are going to see the Monarchs in Pacific Grove. I love visiting the preserve each year, who wouldn't love walking among thousands of butterflies with the Pacific ocean just a few short blocks away! Awww... paradise. I can't wait!

:)

-Carly

5 comments:

Jama said...

I love the color on the first butterfly, so beautiful!

Liz said...

Wherever a butterfly flaps it's wings the effect will be felt all over the world.

Vicki ~ FL said...

Who doesn't love the beauty of a butterfly? Nice shots and I wish I was near you to see the monarchs when they come through.

Margaret aka: Fact Woman said...

Beautiful photos and it sounds like a perfect afternoon in the garden. Peaceful and content! Thanks for sharing them.

fdtate said...

Great photos as usual, Carly. Thanks for sharing.