Thursday, August 06, 2009

Steven's Feline & Furball Friday: Goodbye Pickle

From For Ellipsis


"By associating with the cat, one only risks becoming richer."

-Sidonie Gabrielle

I hope Steven doesn't mind my using this photograph. When I saw it last year, during Elvis's illness, it just filled my heart and made everything a little easier to take. I believe Elvis and Pickle would have been friends, if they could have met each other. Elvis loved having friends, and he had many in his life, so I just know they would have gotten along famously.

Pickle made me smile many many times, before and since Elvis's passing, and it was a lot of fun hear about his many adventures with Steven. I will miss hearing about those times. Goodbye nice kitty, I just know that somehow you and my boy Elvis are running side by side, chasing butterflies together.

Oh Pickle cat. I will miss you very much. Sigh.

-Carly

If you haven't already done so, please visit Steven's blog and leave Steven your support.

2 comments:

Martha said...

I was so sad to head the news about Pickle. Thanks for posting this Carly.

Theresa said...

Carly you made me cry with this post. I was sad to see the news last Friday that the end for Pickle was near, and the start of this week broke my heart and made me think of Elvis, and Tuffy, and even our own Eclipse. I'm sure that they are all playing side by side and chasing butterflies, maybe even playing a good game of chase each other.
What a great tribute to yet another friend who has left.
Hugs to you and your boys.