Saturday, January 31, 2009

4 Movies In 4 Weeks #4: New In Town

"Cinema should make you forget that you are sitting in a theater."

-Roman Polanski

I guess I should have named this series something besides, "4 Movies In 4 Weeks," because technically it has been 4 movies in 5 weeks! Oh well, whatever. Last night Alan and I went to see that last of the free movies we got from the Old Navy promotion. The movie we chose last night was,"New In Town," starring Rene Zellweger.

It was your typical "fish out of water' scenario, but who does that better then Rene Zellweger? The promos for the movie call it Bridget Jones goes to Fargo, and that is a pretty accurate assessment. It was a fun little "date night" movie, with plenty of laughs, although it was predictable at every turn. That's not always a bad thing, I went to this movie to see a Bridget Jones knock-off and that's what I got. I loved the Bridget Jones series, and would love to see at least one more film made in that series, but in the meantime this movie filled nicely. This movie, like Bridget Jones, drives home the point that sometimes life nudges you through doors you might have never considered going through on your own. Sometimes the best thing in life is a very closed door. :)

Harry Connick Jr., is just really nice to look at! You know? I swear he gets better looking all the time! I have been thinking about replacing David Duchovny in my sidebar "About Me" section with Harry... what do you think? It has been 5 years after all, and he hasn't found me, so maybe it's time to move on? Hmmm... letting go is so hard! LOL. I know my luck, just when I take him down, he will decide to log onto the Internet and Google his name and the word Ellipsis at the same time. And what will I have done? Replaced him! Bad... very bad! Nah... I will just leave him where he is, someday David... someday! Whiff/Sniff.

Anyway I would definitely recommend "New In Town." It is timely in the subject matter, the poor economy is affecting us all, so we could all use a little break from things. Go see it. Laugh. Forget about stuff. Go ahead. It's good for you, and it has been good for Alan and me. With those free tickets we have seen a "guy movie" a "chick flick" a "family friendly" movie, and a great "date night" film, all in one month. What could be wrong with that?

;)

-Carly
"Theater Seats"
Regal Theater
Dublin, California
January 30th, 2009
Late Afternoon

1 comment:

natalie said...

Dearest Carly,
what a nice entry!
Those kittens are so wonderful!
love,natalie