Saturday, November 15, 2008

Round Robin Challenge: Two Halves Don't Make A Whole

"What is life? An illusion, a shadow, a story. And the greatest good is little enough; for all life is a dream, and dreams themselves are only dreams."

-Pedro Calderon de la Baraca

WOW Nancy, this challenge really put me through my paces! LOL. "Two Halves Don't Make A Whole" was suggested by Nancy, who authors the blog, "Nancy Luvs Pix," and boy oh boy was it challenging to me! It had me completely stumped, so much so, that I very nearly didn't participate, but in the end, I decided to step up and meet the challenge. After all, that is what a challenge is supposed to do, challenge us! To wussy out wouldn't be a very good example to set for the Robins, now would it? So, without further delay, I present to you my examples of photographs, or rather two halves of photographs put together, which just don't quite seem right.

I started with the picture at the top. I could have put the two halves of the Orange Nemesia in a more wacky fashion, but I thought it would be kind of nice to show the two different parts of the same photo, just taken with different settings on my digital camera. The same, but not really.

Look! Is that one wacky Scarecrow or what?

Hmmm... Is there something wrong with that tomato? Is it organic? Inquiring minds want to know!

Actually, it was an organic tomato, and it was delicious! Is there anything better then home grown vegetables? (Insert evil laugh here: BWAHAHAHAHA)

This challenge was fun! And hey, we are always looking for new ideas, so, if you have a good idea for an upcoming challenge, please send it to either Karen, Steven or myself, and we will add it to the RRC pool. You can find our email addresses on the sidebar of the official RRC blog. Now, to see what Nancy, and all the other participating Robins came up with, just follow the links below. You'll be glad you did.

:)


Linking List

1. Nancy... Nancy Luvs Pix
Posted!

2. Jama Hameed... Sweet Memories


3. Karen... Outpost Mavarin
Posted!

4. Sherrie... Sherrie's Stuff
**Welcome New Member** - Posted

5. Gina... Gina's Space
Posted!

6. Martha... Menagerie
Posted!

7. Connie... Far Side Of Fifty Photos
Posted!

8. Steven... (sometimes)photoblog
Posted!

9. Carly... Ellipsis
Posted!

10. Gattina... Keyhole Pictures
Posted!

11. Liz... Visual Counterpoint
**Welcome New Member** - Posted!


If you enjoy the Round Robin Challenges, you might have fun with the Ellipsis Monday Photo Shoot as well. Check back here at my blog on Monday, for a new EMPS assignment!

-OndineMonet
"Orange Nemesia"
Berkeley, California
Summer 2008

9 comments:

gina said...

well i learned something new doing this. :) i like what you came up with...the scarecrow the best i think.

Sherrie said...

Hi!
I really like the Scarecrow! He seems to have a split personality! Sorry , I couldn't resist. I think I completely misunderstood this challenge. Oh well, live and learn I guess. Thanks for stopping by my place. Take Care!!

Sherrie

Martha said...

You did a great job with this! I really wanted to take photos of a big manly man from the waist up combined with a female photo in a skirt and high heels for the bottom - it would have been a good one don't you think? LOL!

Congrats on beging selected as Greg's Spotlight this month!! Great photos you shared there too, but your photos are always great!

Nancy said...

I don't blame you for wanting to "wimp out!" But you sure rose to the occasion and in a big way. You did fabulous!

Can you tell me how you put those together like that? I could've done it in aol, but not in blogger

xo
Nance

Cindy said...

I think they all look pretty good, the scarecrow is really funky!!

xo Phin

Karen Funk Blocher said...

Oh, cool! I like the two versions of the same thing in the flower shot, the wackiness of the scarecrow, and the "growing" effect of the tomato. Well done!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Carly, they are all very nicely done! The Scarecrow is a bit more scary than normal! :)

Steven said...

Whoa. The tomato one is way cool. The scarecrow is fun.

Michele said...

This is quite neat... I found this very creative and fun to view... very nice photos. Your blog is refreshing and your photography is very good.
~Michele~
Mountain Retreat-Canada