Friday, November 14, 2008

Rock The Vote!

"I believe entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

-Steve Martin

I bet when you saw the title of this entry you thought it would be yet another long, boring rant about politics. Well, NOPE. See, this girl, thankfully, does not live by politics alone. I love entertainment. Not that politics can't be entertaining. Just try to sit through a Sarah Palin press conference, without breaking out into laughter! How many exclusive interviews did she do last week? 12 was it? And to the wicked, biased, liberal media! Go figure. Oh well, that's her/their problem. As for me, well, I am doing some stress busting, even as I type this, by listening to the soundtrack from Mama Mia!

La La La La...

You are the dancing queen, young and sweet only 17
Dancing queen, feel the beat from the tambourine
You can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life
See that girl, watch that scene, digging the dancing queen.

-Dancing Queen by Abba

I think Mama Mia was my favorite movie this past summer. Look, it wasn't Meryl Streep's best movie, and it was a little funky with some timing, but it was fun, and that was important when I went to see it. I just wanted something to ease my terribly broken heart. Elvis's diagnosis was tremendously hard on both of us, so a momentary break was just what the doctor ordered. :) I sang along with the movie, and danced a little bit, and clapped along with the rest of the audience. It was nice. That is what entertainment is supposed to do, give you a temporary break from the harshness of reality. Right?

So, this morning as Regis & Kelly were discussing the People's Choice Awards, I wondered to myself how might an average person such as myself might be able to vote for my favorites? I had never voted before, but with the click of my mouse, I found the website, and for the first time, actually voted for my favorites to win a PCA! It was fun! In a few minutes, hopefully by the time you read this, you might see a little widget I picked up at the People's Choice Awards website, installed on my (work in progress) sidebar! :)

So tell me, have you ever voted for a movie, or song, or actor/actress to win a PC award? If so, have you voted this year? Who are you rooting for among this year's contenders? Do you have a favorite movie? Song? TV Show? I would love to know who you vote for. Go vote, then come back here and share!

Tell me everything. :)

People's Choice Awards

-Carly

No comments: