Saturday, October 18, 2008

Round Robin Challenge: Your Home Town

"Your hometown is where they can't figure out how you did as well as you did."

-Unknown

Welcome to our latest Round Robin Challenge: Your Hometown. Marie, who authors the blog, Photographs and Memories, and hosts the Blogger's Community Photo Challenge, submitted this idea for consideration when we did a roundup of new ideas a while back. What a great idea, Marie! I love showing off where I live, the only problem is, I have probably shown just about everything there is to see. What to do, what to do?

Ok folks, here are some photos old and new. The East Bay hills is a gorgeous place to live, I don't see myself living anywhere else for the rest of my life, although I do daydream of retiring with Alan to the East coast sometimes. Someplace where I can get snowed in with a bunch of cats for months at a time. Someplace where the leaves really put on a show in autumn, and everybody has a fireplace. Don't you just love the smell outside, when everyone has their fireplaces going?

And yet, I am completely convinced I live in the most beautiful place in the world. If I had to choose, I would visit all those places I just mentioned, but I would always comeback here in my heart. I have fallen hopelessly in love with the view from Grizzly Peak Boulevard, and the Berkeley Marina, with it's view of San Francisco, and of course, you know how much I enjoy Tilden Park, especially in autumn. Yep... I am a true California Girl.

Here, have a look and see for yourself...
Sather Tower

Protesting On The Berkeley Campus

Hwy 13 Going South

Berkeley Marina

Tie Dye

Biking is the Preferred Mode of Transportation

Autumn In Tilden
Isn't it beautiful here?

Now that you have seen my hometown, go have a look at where the other participating Robins live! Or better yet, post your own hometown entry. There is still time, just pay a quick visit to the official Round Robin blog to learn all the details!

Linking List

Marie... Photographs And Memories
Posted!

Gattina... Keyhole Pictures
Posted!

Monica... Family Affair Photography


Karen... Outpost Mavarin
Posted!

Wammy... The Ellis Family
Posted!

Martha... Menagerie
Posted!

Jill... South Bay Soliloquy
Posted!

Cheryl... Life Through My Lens


Erin... Life Of A College Student


Jama Hameed... Sweet Memories
Posted!

Connie... Far Side of Fifty
Posted!

Carly... Ellipsis
Posted!

Kat... In My Dreams I Can Fly


Teena... It's All About Me!
Posted!

Ellen B... The Happy Wonderer
Posted!

Mary... Hippie Gypsy
Posted!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning! love the views around your neck of the woods. I get to spend a few days with my husband in San Francisco in December while he attends a conference. I haven't been walking around San Francisco since part of our honeymoon in 1974...I bet it's changed a lot :0)
Have a great weekend...

Jill said...

Like you, I am a California girl, just a bit farther south.
But I love the Bay Area. I try to get up there at least once a year.
And yes, it is lovely in the fall.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Carly, Beautiful photography! Your photos are so soul filled and calming to me.. Thanks:)

gina said...

oh carly! you did a wonderful job in presenting some 'new' faces to your home town. i absolutely love that top photo and the marina. gorgeous. :)

Teena in Toronto said...

Awesome pix, as usual!Thanks for the tour!

I played too :)

Patrick said...

Love that bridge shot! Can't wait to see it in person one day! :)

Cindy said...

I wish to see California one day, too. It's not so fun here when you are snowed in but have to be somewhere. Or when you have to shovel 27 inches of the heavy stuff...

xo Phinney
http://geminiwilder.blogspot.com/

Karen Funk Blocher said...

The marina shot is wonderful, with colors like melting sherbet! I love the Sather Tower one, too.

I don't blame you for loving your home. You are surrounded by beauty, and have a great eye for discovering and capturing it.

Jama said...

I love that berkeley marina shot, just so lovely!

Martha said...

Such great shots Carly. You live in a very beautiful place :-)

MariesImages said...

I love the top image, love the angle & warm tones of the sunset.
Marie