Thursday, July 17, 2008

Martha's A-Z Photo Challenge: "I" Is For Ice Cream

"Without ice cream, there would be darkness and chaos."

-Don Kardong

It's time for the letter "I" in Martha's A-Z Photo Challenge. It was hot outside last week... really hot... so Alan and I decided to go out for a little ice cream. I don't indulge in the cool, sugary stuff very often. I try to be a good little diabetic, but my blood glucose numbers have been amazingly good lately, so what the heck, a good girl does not live by fresh fruit alone, especially when fresh strawberries are so good as ice cream. Of course it doesn't hurt to ask for fat-free or sugar-free chocolate fudge and whipped cream to keep the naughtiness to a minimum. LOL.

Go see Martha's "I" entry, and play along, it's fun! :)

-OndineMonet
"I Is For Ice Cream"
Knudsen's Ice Creamery
Castro Valley, California
July, 2008
Early Evening

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks amazing! I sure hope I have some ice cream in the freezer after seeing that! YUM!

Nancy said...

LOL...I had a crazy incredible urge for ice-cream yesterday and ya know what, dammit? I stopped the car and got a big ol' scoop of NOT low fat, NOT sugar free ice-cream. And it was perfect and fabulous!
Glad you endulged too. You sure took a purdy pic of it as well.

Love,
Nance

Anonymous said...

Yummy, what a great shot. Now I have to hit the ice cream shop.

Julie

Anonymous said...

good job Carly!
you have great skills!
natalie