Friday, June 06, 2008

Yes, Please!

"All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt."

-Lucy Van Pelt ( Peanuts ) By Charles Schulz

I had a really good time this past week with the camera. Yesterday was nothing short of perfect! I will be sharing more about things over the next few days, but for now, this was my favorite shot from my time with the camera on Thursday. It was a good day for a lot of reasons, but starting the day off with a hot chocolate, made just the way I like it, with a shot of raspberry syrup, was more then just pleasant... it was almost sinful. :)

It was nice to sit outside, at my favorite cafe here in Berkeley, and just enjoy the cool, clear air, the sweet, hot chocolate, and then find out 2 hours later that my blood glucose level was just 108 mg/dl! I am so glad I invested a little time in myself, after my diagnosis of Type 2 diabetes, to educate myself and bring things in my life under control. How else would I have found out that a little dark chocolate once a day, has so many health benefits! :)

I like this photo. I like the colors and the lighting. There is just something about how it all comes together that seems pleasing to me somehow. I was really fascinated by the shadows cast by the sun, coming through the trees on the patio of the cafe, and I spent a lot of time just snapping at as many shadows as I could find. Overall I think I am happy with what I found through the lens. It was a good day!

-OndineMonet
"Delicious"
Caffe Strada
Berkeley, California
June 5th, 2007
Late Morning

2 comments:

fdtate said...

Chocolate and raspberry sounds interesting together. Glad you had such a great day. I like how the foam sorta looks like an apple...or maybe a peach.

MyMaracas said...

That really is a lovely photo. And congrats on keeping your sugars under control! You're doing great!