Thursday, May 08, 2008

I Am Elvis A. Gordon, And I Approve This Message

"I have come to the conclusion that politics is too serious a matter to be left to the politicians."

-Charles de Gaulle

Hello. My name is Elvis Aron Gordon. I am here to speak on behalf of all the house cats in America who support Hillary Clinton For President.

First of all, my mommy, daddy, and myself want to congratulate Senator Clinton, on her latest win in Indiana this past Tuesday. Way to go Hillary! You go girl! I will be crossing my paws for you to experience big wins in the remaining primaries, and we will be right by the TV waiting for all the updates! I am proud of you for not giving up. You are showing just how hard you are willing to work for this country, and that's why I am in your yard. It saddened my mommy to hear about yet another defection to the Obama camp, by someone who had previously given his endorsement to you, George McGovern. It made her sad to hear this news, because she had admired him over the years, and to see him jump ship because it seems as if the odds are against you, makes him nothing but a fair- weather supporter. We want to reassure you, we are not. Especially me, which is why I am writing this blog entry today. Well, I am not typing it of course, but I am dictating it to my mommy, so if there are any spelling errors... that's her... not me. Meow. :)

When I knew that we would be electing a new president soon, I was first of all relieved. LOL. President Bush... GRRRR... But then I talked it over with the two human parents I live with, and we discussed all the problems that need to be fixed. It's a long, long, long, long, list. ME--OW. The war is important, the lack of education is big, humans losing their homes is scary, because where will the house pets go? I saw on the news, that some humans are so desperate that sometimes they simply leave their furry friends behind alone, when they have to leave their homes. They couldn't even take their pets with them. Sometimes their pets were found alive, sometimes it was too late. MEEEEWWW. :( That makes me sad. I am lucky enough to have a place to live, and plenty of toys, and sometimes I am even able to get all the medication I need... I am luckier then a lot of humans are.

Recently, I found out that I have the big C... cancer. My cancer is Feline Lymphoma. Dr. B says it is more aggressive then we first thought. My mommy cries sometimes, and sometimes so do I, but we get up, and we get dressed, and we face the day as best we can. We have a lot to be grateful for, she has medical insurance, and I have the best veterinarian in the whole world, who is doing all he can to make me well. Some cats aren't so lucky, and some humans aren't either. If mommy and daddy didn't have any medical insurance, mommy would not be able to take care of her diabetes as well as she has. She and I both have diabetes, and it costs over $100 a month to take care of me alone, if she were paying full cost for her supplies, it would cost another $125.

What about all the humans without health care in America? From what I have seen by watching, Charles Gibson on ABC World News Tonight, people are getting sick like never before. Did you know that there are 12 million Americans living with cancer right now, and another 1.4 million will be diagnosed this year? Senator Clinton has tried for a long time to help bring affordable health care to American humans. She has a solid plan, and according to Factcheck.org, her plan has been lied about and misleading statements always seem to come out just before the primaries, which isn't fair.

I don't think the next president should be elected because he is something called a "phenomenon." I am sure he is a good guy deep down, but that isn't why humans should vote for him. You should be electing a human president who knows how to roll up their sleeves, and get down to the work that in store for you. Someone who has been working for years to improve the quality of your life. I know from having cancer, that when your health isn't good, it's much more difficult to put your toys away, or to chase butterflies, or even walk all the way to the corner of the yard, to sit in your favorite lemon tree. Mew. :(

My mommy said to my daddy the other night, "Alan, watching Elvis have to go through cancer, is the hardest thing I have ever done, can you imagine what it must be like to watch a human child face cancer? Especially if their parents don't have health coverage?" Mew. :(

I believe that problem can be fixed. And I believe Senator Clinton has the best ideas for getting the job done right. Here is a good article you should read...

Giving Hillary Credit For Schip

I have other reasons for supporting Senator Clinton for human president. And I might write another entry sometime, but for now this is what I have to say.


I AM ELVIS ARON GORDON... AND I APPROVE OF THIS MESSAGE. :)

-OndineMonet
"House Cats For Clinton"
Berkeley, California
May 7th, 2008
Afternoon

4 comments:

Suzanne R said...

Our mommy thinks this is a great post, although we are all sad about Elvis's cancer. As for who we and our mommy want for President, she will write about that in her blog entry tomorrow. In the meantime, Elvis, keep that jaunty attitude (you look great in your cap with the Hillary button on it). We are sending you kitty purrs and comforting meows and our mommy sends much love to you and your mommy plus best wishes to your daddy.

Silver
Stevie
Socks

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear that Dashing Elvis has cancer. I am supporting Hillary and so is my kitty Chloe. I think that Chloe and Elvis would make a cool couple of Hillary Supporters.
Love,
Kat
Kuhlhiggins

Steven said...

The challenge has been made :-) Pickle (Obama Cat)will answer! As soon as I get some light :-)

Anonymous said...

Way to go ELvis!
We love you!
natalie