Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Flirting With Kinda Cute Guys In The Park Burns 11 Calories :)

"There are times not to flirt. When you are sick. When you are with children. When you are on the witness stand."

-Joyce Jillson

It was a good day yesterday. I finally got out of the house, with my trusty camera by my side, and I did a ton of photos. Like I said in my previous post, there are a lot of different micro climates in the Bay Area, and yesterday pretty much covered them all. I started out the day a little disappointed, there was a very dense layer of fog covering everything, both across the bay, and here in the East Bay. My first instinct was to forget about shooting yesterday, but soon changed my mind and decided to go anyway, hey, sometimes you can find super lighting opportunities in the fog. Overall I was pretty happy with what I came up with. It was a nice mix of colors and mist. I long for that kind of day in autumn, but we rarely get that where I live, and when we do, it burns off really fast. Winter, however, does bring the kind of long-lasting fog I look forward to.


The fog finally burned off a bit by late morning, so around noon or so, we went across the bridge and up the coast into San Francisco. It was a beautiful drive. The sky was crystal clear, and I felt excited to be out with the camera. I stopped at Starbucks for a little treat, and was very pleased to find a new drink, well, new to me anyway, that was fantastically delicious, and was perfectly acceptable to have with diabetes. A 16 0z., (Grande) Green Tea Light Blended Cream Frappuccino. 187 delicious calories, without whipped cream, 295 with! OH MY GOD! It is delicious, light tasting, and doesn't give you that icky heavy feeling that regular milk shakes do. It actually put a little pep in my step. :) My usual drink of choice at Starbucks is the Passion Ice Tea, and I will still be ordering that more often then not, because this new drink could just become an obsession with me. Really... it's that good. You must give it a try. :)




Another thing that put a that made me smile yesterday, was the fact that I got flirted with! Very mild flirting. Innocent really, but flirting all the same. :) I was taking a picture in Golden Gate Park, when I looked up away from my camera to see a kinda cute guy with a very cute smile, waiting patiently for me to be finished with my picture taking. :) I smiled back, and then offered to pose for me. I laughed, and took his photo and then he said it was my turn. What the heck. I smiled and waved back and before you know it I was in FULL flirt mode. LOL. Alan puts up with a lot from me. LOL. But he also understands how nice it feels to still be getting a little attention at the old age of 45. :) And hey, look at that, flirting actually burns 11 calories! I had just attached that pedometer to my hip, and when our interaction was done, that is what my reading was! So, a case could be made for flirting for scientific reasons. Right? ;)


After the flirting, came the Conservatory of Flowers. I am saving most of that for another entry, because I visited a special exhibit yesterday, and it will have to be it's own entry. It was gorgeous, so be sure to tune in for that. But here is a peek at what I will be showing you. Orchids... fabulously beautiful orchids. :) It was just what I needed. Lots and lots of warmth and color, and a little music as a bonus. There is always music in Golden Gate Park. There are several jazz players right outside the conservatory. Street performers really. And it always sets a relaxing mood. I look forward to that. Yesterday was a good day. :)

-OndineMonet
"Beautiful Orchid"
Golden Gate Park
San Francisco, California
January 15th, 2008
Afternoon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nothing like a little harmless flirt to make one's day!