Wednesday, December 19, 2007

It Was A Good Day...

"There is a harmony in autumn, a luster in it's sky, which through the summer is not seen, as if it could not be, as if it had not been."

-Percy Bysshe Shelley

I had a nice day, it was one of those quiet, peaceful days that comes along all too rarely. I started out at my favorite coffee house here in Berkeley, Caffe Strada, then I decided to do a little Christmas shopping down in Jack London Square. Everything was decorated up so lovely for the holidays, including the presidential yacht the Potomac. But my favorite sight had to be the gorgeous Snowy Egret I saw. This is my favorite bird, so I am always excited when I have the chance to spend a little time photographing one. It was doing a little fishing alone the shoreline, and as you can see, it already has it's winter plumage. Beautiful. :) It isn't difficult to make me smile. :)

The view from Stradda, looking toward International House. The trees in Berkeley are still alive with autumn. Ahhhh. :)

Yum. My favorite breakfast. Hot chocolate with raspberry syrup, and a buttery croissant. I don't indulge in this often, which makes it all the more decadent when I do. :)

Oh yeah! I got my hair done yesterday! It looks like I will be a redhead for the holiday! Alan calls my new look, Nouveau Beatnik. Yeah... I agree. :) I wear a lot of black, and I love beat poetry, so it is definitely my style.

A beautiful ship

All decorated for the holiday. I would love to take a cruise on it next year, maybe when it warms up. :)

-OndineMonet
"Snowy Egret with Winter Plumage"
Port of Oakland
Jack London Square
Oakland, California
December 19, 2007
Afternoon

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Looks like you have a beautiful place to go shopping :) I spy the Autumn tree and wow, it's glorious. We totally have winter trees, more like dead-of-winter ice storm lookin' trees!

Your hair is fabulous, too. The red took me by surprise! :) Enjoy the last 2 days of Autumn Carly!!
xo