Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Your Monday Photo Shoot: Final Flowers

"Flowers have spoken to me more than I can tell in written words. They are the hieroglyphics of angels, loved by all men and for the beauty of their character, though few can decipher even fragments of their meaning."

-Lydia M. Child

Gather ye rosebuds while ye may, because winter is coming, and there aren't that many rosebuds then. With that in mind, this week's Photo Shoot.

Your Monday Photo Shoot: Last call for shots of live flowers! This is it for 2007, because after that for lots of places in the US, live flowers will be done for the year (unless, of course, they're inside your house. But never mind that).

-John Scalzi (By The Way)

Just yesterday, I was out and about in Half Moon Bay, and Golden Gate Park, enjoying the last of this year's flower gardens. The Dahlia garden in GGP is usually in bloom from the middle of July until the last of October, so it is right on schedule, but it still makes me sad to see it's demise. I was hoping we might have a warm autumn, maybe even an indian summer, but it is not to be, it is cold and rainy here this week, and there might be a few more warm days, but from what the weatherman says... the cold is definitely winning this year.

Like the dahlia's in GGP, the roses in Half Moon Bay are struggling as well. I stopped in at Pastorino's Pumpkin Patch yesterday, to have one more walk through before Halloween, and to enjoy their amazing roses. I found such vibrant colors, and the scent of the roses was simply amazing. I hated to leave. My camera got quite a workout, as did I. When I got home I was exhausted, so I took a short nap which lasted 12 hours! Aren't naps in autumn delicious? :)



-OndineMonet
"Last Call"
Golden Gate Park
San Francisco, California
Pastorino's Pumpkin Patch
Half Moon Bay
October 29, 2007
Afternoon

No comments: