Sunday, October 28, 2007

Woooo Woooo

"If you never did you should. These things are fun and fun is good."

-Dr. Seuss

Alan and I decided to have some fun yesterday. It was a gorgeous, warm, autumn day, so we thought it might be fun to take a ride on the Steam Trains in Tilden Park, in the hills above Berkeley.The Redwood Valley Train and it's conductor take you on a 12 minute ride through beautiful Tilden Park. The air was quite fragrant with the scent of redwood, pine, eucalyptus and the various other trees and plants that bloom in autumn. I think I enjoy the the redwoods the most. The trees are stunningly beautiful, especially when the sun is shining down through them, casting a warm, golden glow on everything.

It was fun to see so many families enjoying themselves, and having a good time together. It's so weird, Alan and I both grew up in the East Bay, and yet we are still discovering wonderful places of fun, and joy, that we had never heard of. I have to thank my good friend H. P. for recommending the Steam Trains. Thanks darlin... you were right, it was a hoot! Tilden Park is a genuine treasure, and has become one of our very favorite haunts. In just about a month it will be time for Christmas In The Woods, held in Tilden, at the Merry-Go-Round. I can hardly wait! :)





-OndineMonet
"Steam Trains"
Tilden Park
Berkeley, California
October 28th, 2007
Afternoon

1 comment:

Laura said...

you must email me directions to this place. my little man is a freak for trains. he loved, loved, loved roaring camp in felton and the train museum in sacramento...so did i.