Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Your Monday Photo Shoot: Red Eye!

"There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs."

-Ansel Adams

Your Monday Photo Shoot: Show off a recent picture that is chock full of red eye. Because there's nothing more amusing than light reflecting off retinas, making folks and animals look like demon spawn! Admit it, sometimes it just gives you a giggle. For the purposes of this photo shoot, other reflective eye colors work too, so if you've got green or yellow glowing eyes (or some other color), bring 'em on.

-John Scalzi (By The Way)

You know, I don't have one single red eye photo in my digital files? I have a nifty little camera that all but eliminates that problem for me, but I do get the occasional "green eye" photo, especially when photographing my young man, Elvis. He has such gorgeous green eyes, and they are quite reflective at times, mostly when he is upset, or when his allergies are acting up. The picture I used for this entry was just a bad photo all the way around. I moved just as I was taking the photo, see, a spider dropped down on me just as I snapped the photo. Funny for Elvis, not so much for me. LOL. Actually, I laughed too, and then we finished taking his Christmas portrait. It's a good thing that the three of us all have a good sense of humor, we need it. :) And despite the bad photo, isn't he a cute elf? Doesn't he just put you in the Christmas spirit?

-OndineMonet
"My Elf"
Berkeley, California
December 2006
Late Evening

3 comments:

DesLily said...

gosh i love your pics of Elvis even "red eyed" or blurry lol.. his pumpkin pic on the sidebar is "in season" again!

Steven said...

Happy Elvis cat! He's got green going on in one eye. Ages ago I had a link to a website that explained the colors reflected in a cats eye. Varies from breed to breed :-)

Anonymous said...

LOL! Awww poor kitty! LOL! That is too cute!