Sunday, September 16, 2007

A Look Into The Improbable History Of The Future



"I've heard he's been called Bush's poodle. He's bigger than that."

-George W. Bush, referring to former Prime Minister Tony Blair, published in the Sun Newspaper, June 27th, 2007

I don't know. Lately, when I hear George Bush speak, I hear the theme from the Rocky and Bullwinkle show as his background music. Odd, very odd. It all began one day, when I heard him speaking on the evening news, about how history would portray him as a good president. How history would see his motives as pure. My head began to spin, and I got all dizzy, and then, as if I had been possessed by some kind of evil, lame musical demon, I could hear, as plain as day, the theme to the Rocky and Bullwinkile show. You don't suppose George has a... gulp... wayback machine... do you?

Two things that really scare me, the fact that he could indeed have one, and if he does, he might one day hop inside it, and comeback and do this crap all over again, and two, that one day I will get my own wayback machine by way of Alzheimer's, and I will choose right now to relive. LOL. I guess the probability of either happening is pretty slim, but then again, stranger things have happened. Oh wait... is that what's happening now? God, how the mind does reel. Fret. Oh well, I'm going to take 5 with the above YouTube clip. It's the very first episode of Mr. Peabody's Improbable History. So much fun. And it doesn't contain the theme to Rocky and Bullwinkle. LOL. Enjoy!

-OndineMonet

2 comments:

fdtate said...

Fabulous. Mr. Peabody and Sherman. Man, does that ever bring back memories. I'd never seen the first episode before though. Thanks for that.

Dan Froomkin of the Washington Post wrote about the alternative universe President Bush lives in. That's probably the best way to describe it. He certainly doesn't live in the real world.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/blog/2007/09/14/BL2007091401322_pf.html

fdtate said...

I was trying to leave a link to the Froomkin article but screwed it up.