Thursday, September 27, 2007

A Day In Bodega Bay

"We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek them with our eyes."

-Jawaharlal Nehru

Yesterday, Alan and I decided to take a ride along the coast, north, to Bodega Bay. I love it up there this time of year, everything is so beautiful, and there is a great variety of birds to be found. I haven't spent nearly enough time birding this year, so I am planning to take a couple days in October, just to look for birds. Alan is taking nearly the whole month off, so we will have lots of time together, but we have way more planned to do then I know we will actually get to. We are adventure seekers, so I guess part of this year's vacation adventure, will be to find out how much we actually get done. LOL. We'll see. Stay Tuned. :)

"If you truly love Nature, you will find beauty everywhere."

-Vincent Van Gogh

"Everybody needs beauty, as well as bread, places to play in, and pray in, where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul."

-John Muir

"For every beauty, there is an eye somewhere to see it. For every truth, there is an ear somewhere to hear it. For every love, there is a heart somewhere to receive it."

-Ivan Panin


California Quail

"Beauty is not in the face, beauty is in the heart."

-Kahlil Gibran

"Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything that is beautiful, for beauty is God's handwriting - a wayside sacrament. Welcome it in every fair face, in ever fair sky, in every flower, and thank God for it as a cup of blessing."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson


Turkey Vulture

"A soul that sees beauty, may sometimes have to walk alone."

-Johann von Goeth


-OndineMonet
Bodega Bay, California
September 26th, 2007
Afternoon

3 comments:

Suzanne R said...

Ah, I love the coast -- it fills my soul! What beautiful pictures and great quotes, especially the shot of the ocean. I'm glad you had such an enjoyable day.

fdtate said...

Now that's a good day! Great photos as usual, Carly!

Patrick said...

Beautiful images. I guess I'll have to add Bodega Bay to my list of places I want to visit some day.

Although after seeing Hitchcock's movie that was set there, I'd have been a little uneasy about seeing the big vulture overhead! :)