Tuesday, August 21, 2007

You Think Your Monday Was Bad?

"Life is too short for traffic."

-Dan Bellack



WOW... what a way to spend a Monday afternoon! At a little before 2:00 PM Monday, a big rig driver crossing the San Mateo/Hayward Bridge, got the fright of his life, when he somehow managed to drive his truck over the side of the bridge, just west of the high rise. Had he gone another couple hundred yards or so, the cab of his truck would have been in the bay, as opposed to where it did land, which was on the concrete in front of the Caltrans Painters yard, which sits just under the bridge on the eastbound side. No one was hurt in the crash, but as you can see by the photos, it had to have been pretty scary for both the painters in the shop, and the truck driver. YIKES! I was on my way westbound across the bridge, and was able to stop and get a few photos, from a trail on the opposite side of the bridge. It was an eerie sight to see the rear wheels of the truck, hung up on the side rail of the bridge. You don't see that everyday! In that no one was hurt, either in the truck or in the yard, doesn't it just confirm that there must be guardian angels?



Big Rig Accident On San Mateo Bridge - KGO - Video and Story

-OndineMonet
"Thank You For Driving Safely"
San Mateo/Hayward Bridge
August 20, 2007
Afternoon

2 comments:

DesLily said...

ouchie...

boy.. we all could use a guardian angel !!

Peace said...

Hi Carly, I love your blog and I would like to have you as my friend. I have added you to my blog at http://whoispeace.blogspot.com/ under My friends. I hope you can link back to me. I have several others blog. You can link to anyone you like. Let me know what you think.