Friday, August 17, 2007

John Scalzi's Weekend Assignment #179: Your Favorite Day

"There are two great days in a person's life... the day we are born, and the day we discover why."

-William Barclay

Weekend Assignment #179: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday: of all the days of the work week, which is your favorite? Yes, I know a lot of people will default toward Friday, because it's an easy one, but I hope you will actually put some thought into your responses, and give each day it's due. If you finally settle on Friday, fair enough. But even Monday has it's good points, you know?

Extra Credit: Name a song you like with a day of the week in it (you can include Saturdays and Sundays for consideration here).

-John Scalzi (By The Way)

"A person can stand almost anything except a succession of ordinary days."

-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Which day of the week is my favorite? Hmmm. Well, the answer to that question has changed many times over the last 10 years or so, but I can tell you that at the present time in my life, Wednesday is my favorite day. That hasn't always been the case mind you, in fact, there was a time when I hated Wednesdays with a deep passion! It seemed like every bad thing that ever happened to me, happened on a Wednesday! But then again, it was probably not so much the day's fault, so much as my superstitious perception of the day, after all, there was at least one other person in history, who found Wednesday unfavorable. Remember ominous the line from the Mother Goose poem, Monday's Child? "Wednesday's child is full of woe." See? See? Kinda spooky. LOL. Of course, one of the coolest characters on TV ever, Wednesday Adams, was born on, and named after Wednesday, so how bad can it really be?

All kidding aside, I enjoy Wednesdays because of Alan's current schedule. See, his weekends are not the traditional Saturday and Sunday, his days off are Wednesdays and Thursdays, so he and I do the majority of our hobbies, and photography together on those two days, unless there is something special happening on a different day. Also, I meet with my therapist Sarah, on Wednesdays, I do my meditation and Qi Gong, and every two weeks, I help Steven and Karen run the Round Robin Challenges. Wednesdays are usually really full days for me, sometimes I get a little frazzled, and maybe even a little over scheduled, but I have really come to appreciate the Wednesdays, because most folks I encounter out in the world, seem a little calmer on that day of the week. Maybe because Wednesdays give us the hope of the weekend coming up, or maybe it is because Wednesdays are nicknamed "Hump Day!" :) You gotta love any day nicknamed, "Hump Day!" ;) WINK!

Extra Credit: I love the song, "Tuesday Afternoon," by The Moody Blues.

Tuesday afternoon
I'm just beginning to see, now I'm on my way
It doesn't matter to me, chasing the clouds away

Something, calls to me,
The trees are drawing me near, I've got to find out why?
Those gentle voices I hear, explain it all with a sigh.
I'm looking at myself reflections of my mind,
It's just the kind of day to leave myself behind.
So gently swaying through the fairyland of love,
If you'll just come with me you'll see the beauty of

Tuesday Afternoon, Tuesday Afternoon.

Tuesday, afternoon,
I'm just beginning to see, now I'm on my way,
It doesn't matter to me, chasing the clouds away.
Something, calls to me,
The trees are calling me near, I've got to find out why?
Those gentle voices I hear, explain it all with a sigh.


-OndineMonet
"A Summer Day"
Golden Gate Park
San Francisco, California
Wednesday, July 11th 2007
Afternoon

2 comments:

Steven said...

Yeah, the Robins are fun :-) Interesting to see how the themes play out as it's a diverse bunch.

Peace said...

You are such a great photographer!