Saturday, August 04, 2007

Beep Beep :)

"Nothing interferes with my concentration. You could put an orgy in my office, and I wouldn't look up. Well, maybe once."

-Isaac Asimov

This was a fun moment last week. It was absolutely gorgeous in Golden Gate Park, the dahlias are really putting on a show, and there were a few winged creatures flying about. Especially the bumble bees. I am still pursuing my goal for the summer, of capturing a perfect photo of a bumble in mid flight. It came close a few times last week, but it was really windy, and that made it almost impossible. I caught a few, but either they were too far away in the photo, or they were out of focus, or I would get just a part of the bee. A leg here, a head shot there. LOL. It was a lot of fun, but it was a lot of work, especially after a particularly rough therapy session with Sarah. Therapy is a lot of work too.

I really didn't mind the work of either though, because they balance each other quite nicely. Both sides of my brain get a workout. LOL My concentration was pretty high that day, and it was an intense moment when I settled in on this flower, with the bumble bee in the center. I had been watching it for about 5 minutes, floating in and out of the other dahlias, and I thought I had my timing down, as to when it would lift off. I steadied myself, leaned in, and just as I thought she might take to flight, I took the photo. LOL. She of course didn't move, but as I went click, a lovely skipper butterfly, zoomed past the bee, the flower, and my lens. Tee Hee. I had to laugh, because it was amazingly fun to capture the skipper in flight, but at the same time, it also felt a bit like I had stepped into a Roadrunner cartoon, and I was the coyote. As the skipper flew by, I could almost hear... "Beep, Beep!" ROFL.

-OndineMonet
"Beep Beep"
Golden Gate Park
San Francisco, California
Aug 1, 2007
Afternoon

1 comment:

Steven said...

Sweet little Skipper! Those guys are so fast too. Great shot :-)