Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The Spring Collection 2007

"It's a great thing when you realize you still have the ability to surprise yourself. Makes you wonder what else you can do that you've forgotten about."

-Alan Ball, American Beauty, 1999

For the last full day of spring, I thought it would be nice to post some of my favorite photos from this season. Although I didn't get out as much with the camera as I wanted to, I worked really hard with it when I did. I think slowing down has been good for me. I have been really running the last couple years, and in doing so, I think I might have missed some opportunities. The summer is looking ripe with photo jaunts, but I think I am going to set a goal for myself to take 50 or less photos per photo trip, in an effort to slow down and pay closer attention to details. I need a lot of work on dealing with the wind blowing my subjects out of frame. I shoulder has been giving me a difficult time, since I hurt it last December. I must remember... the tripod is my friend. LOL. I think after my appointment with Sarah later today, I might pay a visit to the Botanical Garden, in Tilden park. There should be lots of chances to relax and get in some time practicing with light and shadows. And, thank goodness, it is going to be a mild day as far as the weather goes. Sigh. Perfect for the last full day of spring. :)

Enjoy...



-OndineMonet

Spring, 2007

1 comment:

Steven said...

A lovely spring collection :-) I struggle with wind too. Either I fight it or I somehow make it work with me. It's never the same, no easy answers with wind.

Those purple flowers are an amazing sight. Wild :-)