Friday, June 08, 2007

John Scalzi's Weekend Assignment#169: Photocreativity

"I have no fear of photography as long as it cannot be used in heaven and in hell."

-Edvard Munch

Weekend Assignment#169: Do something creative with a photo to make it look different and unusual. For those of you with Photoshop or some other photo editor, you can use filters and other techniques to do this. If you don't have a photo editing program, you might look at some of these online photo editors out there, some of which allow you to fiddle quite a bit with your photos. If you can also post the original, unaltered photo so people can compare and contrast.

Extra Credit: How old were you when you got your first camera?


-John Scalzi (By The Way)


How fun! It's been a while since I have posted a photo with special effects added to it. :) I should really do this more often. I have a wonderful photo editing program, Photo Explosion Deluxe with Photo Impact Pro. It offers different lighting styles, special character stamps, artistic styles such as watercolor or impressionism. It's a fun little program. For the main photo in this entry, I decided to make a puzzle of a favorite autumn scene from 2005. Here are some other examples of fun with photo editing...


Extra Credit: I was a little girl of about 7 or 8 I think. I remember it was a GAF c-110 pocket camera. LOL. I still remember Henry Fonda doing the commercials for them. Good camera for a little girl to learn on. :)

-OndineMonet
"Autumn Puzzle"
Yuba Gap, California
Autumn 2005
Late Afternoon

4 comments:

ShellyS said...

Nice effects. Great job. That sounds like a cool program.

My first camera was a Brownie Starmite. I think I was 8 when I got it. I loved taking photos and have scanned all my old ones and posted the ones without people on my flickr account. It was a lot of fun to go back and see how my skills with a camera have, uh, developed. ;)

MariesImages said...

Wonderful, wonderful effects....love them all! This was a fun assignment, too bad we can't do this subject more often! Ü
Marie

Anonymous said...

I like these. It was a fun assignment wasn't it?
B. x
http://journals.aol.co.uk/oddb0dkins/WaffleandWhinge/entries/2007/06/10/weekend-assignment./1429

Karen Funk Blocher said...

Can I sit and watched the cow while the balloon flies over the bridge? :)