Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Round Robin Photo Challenge: Cold!

"Winter must be cold for those who have no warm memories."

-Unknown

Is there anything better than a very cold beverage on an impossibly hot day? This is my favorite drink, Coca-Cola Classic, with lots of ice. Actually, I should say that it is my favorite of the cola flavored drinks, I grew up drinking Coke, but I also love making my own Italian sodas, of which melon is my favorite flavor. But woman does not live by cold soda alone...lol...as you will see below, I have a number of favorite things associated with our current challenge subject, "Cold." Our challenge topic for this round came to us by way of our friend, and fellow Robin, Janet, author of the blog, "Fond Of Photography." Thank you Janet, this was fun! :)

A Cold Winter Day In San Francisco

A Banana Burrito (Don Jose's Mexican Restaurant)

Black Forest Cake

Root Beer Float (Johnny Rocket's)

Sierra, Nevada Winter

Ice Skating At Justin Herman Plaza... San Francisco, Ca



Please be sure to visit each of the Round Robin participants, by clicking the links below. If you would like to play along also, theres still time, just visit the official Round Robin Photo Challenges blog for all the details!

Linking List

Janet... Fond Of Photography
POSTED!

Karen... Outpost Mavarin
POSTED!

Linda... Blah Blah Blog
POSTED!

Schelle... Fractal Myth
POSTED!

Celeste... My Day And Thoughts
POSTED!

Carly... Ellipsis... Suddenly Carly
POSTED!

Suzanne... New Suzanne R's Photos
POSTED!

Kerrin... Kerrin's Daily Photo
POSTED!

Gattina... Keyhole Pictures
POSTED!

Steff... Memory's Child***Welcome New Member***
POSTED!

John... Personal Effects
POSTED!

Nancy... Nancy Luvs Pix
POSTED!

Julie... Julie's Web Journal
POSTED!

Teena... It's all about me!
POSTED!

Dorn... Through the Eyes of the Beholder
POSTED!

Chuck... Dribble by Chuck Ferris***WELCOME***
POSTED!




-OndineMonet
"Cold Drink"
Pacifica, California
February 4, 2007
Afternoon

14 comments:

John said...

Wish I knew how to make photos as beautiful as yours. Nice job as always.

Gattina said...

This IS disgusting ! (not your pictures of course) But you make me hungry and thursty at the same time ! Good idea ! I thought I would have to put on at least 4 thick coats to go to your blog and all the other once, lol !

Myth said...

lol... I think I blew my diet just by LOOKING at some of those yummy cold photos!

Dornbrau said...

I LOVE COKE!
Awesome collection of cold.

DesLily said...

you sure covered many "cold" things all in one post!

Anonymous said...

Great quote, great pictures, as always! I think I might have to make me one of those burritos for breakfast! :-) The quote looks familiar. It might be Deborah Kerr (or is it Karr?) from "An Affair to Remember", but I think I remember it being quoted in one of the all time great romantic movies..."Sleepless in Seattle". Fun entry!

Suzanne R said...

I don't think it would have been possible to make the yummy foods you have so expertly photographed look any more delicious! Thank you for the visual treat with those shots and all the others!

Celeste said...

I think I just gained 2 pounds!

Teena in Toronto said...

Wow! What a great selection!

I'm just getting in from the and would love to down that cold Coke!

Thanks for stopping by mine :)

Karen Funk Blocher said...

Darn it, now you've gone and made me hungry! But I love the Sierra, NV show, and the Coke glass is especially well done.

kmm said...

What Fantastic photos "as usual" The coke just looks so refreshing. Think I will visit just for the food. Cheers Kerrin

Anonymous said...

Oh how I love this entry! But I'm gonna kill ya cuz it's making me crave some major yummy stuff! lol

You done good.

Nancy

http://journals.aol.com/nhd106/Nancyluvspix/entries/2007/02/07/cold/1366

Anonymous said...

Leave it to me to choose the challenge and be late posting! I'm finally up, tho...and man, that coke looks delicious!!! Thanks for posting so many great "cold" photos!

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures. Just looking at that food made my hips expand!