Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Round Robin Challenge: Red

"When I am an old woman, I shall wear purple. With a red hat, which doesn't go and doesn't suit me. And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves. And satin sandals, and say we have no money for butter."

-Jenny Joseph

One day, in the spring of 2005, I went to the, Japanese Tea Garden, in Golden Gate Park, to take some photos of the new spring blossoms. The place was so alive with wisteria, and azaleas and cherry blossoms, but it was also alive with beautiful winged creatures, such as this red dragonfly. I had no idea dragonflies came in this color, so I was absolutely amazed and inspired, as I watched her float from lily pad to lily pad. Beautiful and graceful. I know I have shared her picture with you before, but really, when I think of the color red... I always think of her. :)

Here is another example of RED that I found with my camera, while visiting Alamo Square Park, in San Francisco. The park sits across the street from the famous, "Six Sisters," row of beautiful Victorian houses, so not only does it have one of the most stunning views of the city, but it also has a "Shoe Garden," which sits at the highest peak in the park. It's fascinating and magical to try and figure out, who may have contributed shoes over the years. Someday, I would like to donate a pair of my own shoes to the garden, just my little grab at immortality I guess. :)

Ruby Red Slippers, Alamo Square Park (Shoe Garden), San Francisco.


Thank you Pam, for challenging us with such a pretty subject. Pam is the author of the AOL journal, "My Photos," please be sure to pay her a visit to see her entry, and also check out the entries of the other participating Robins. Simply follow the links below. :) Don't forget to come by the official Round Robin Photo Challenge Blog on Thursday of this week, to find out what our next challenge will be. Hope to see you then. :)

Round Robin Linking List

1. Pamela... My Photos
POSTED!

2. Carly... Ellipsis... Suddenly Carly
POSTED!

3. Janet... Fond Of Photography
POSTED!

4. Karen... Outpost Mavarin
POSTED!

5. Schelle... Fractal Myth


6. Kimberleigh... I Shaved My Legs For This?
POSTED!

7. Suzanne R... New Suzanne R's Life
POSTED!

8. Linda (Lou)... Blah Blah Blog
POSTED!

9. Kerrin... Kerrin's Daily Photo
POSTED!

10. Gattina... Keyhole Pictures
POSTED!

11. Steven... (sometimes) photoblog
POSTED!

12. _rRose... WAIT-NOTYET-/
POSTED!

13. Julie... Julie's Web Journal
POSTED!

14. Nancy... Nancy Luvs Pics
POSTED!

15. Annie... The Lights Are On... But No One's Home
***WELCOME NEW MEMBER***

POSTED!
16. Gina... Gina's Space

POSTED!
17. John... Personal Effects
POSTED!

18. Teena... It's all about me!
POSTED!

19. Patrick... Patrick's Portfolio
POSTED!

20. Brad... We-IS
POSTED!



-OndineMonet

14 comments:

Gattina said...

The first description would fit very well on me ! I even like the colors, lol !

The shoes I find ugly, although it's a nice idea to expose them.

kmm said...

LOVE the dragonfly. Beautiful photo. They are my favourite challenge to take photos of. Kerrin

John said...

Stunning dragonfly shot.

Anonymous said...

I have come to the conclusion that there is nothing that you don't have a photo of lol...

Anonymous said...

Another good choice who can't think of red and not think ruby red slippers!!!

Kimberleigh

Anonymous said...

Shoe garden? Sounds like my kind of place! When I'm in SF again I'll need to make a point of dropping in there.

Another excellent entry!

Suzanne R said...

Stunning pictures! I've never heard of a red dragonfly -- what a beauty!

Anonymous said...

Hi Carly, I really loved your dragonfly photo. So vibrant in color. I didn't know dragonflys could be so pretty! And I'm fascinated by the shoes. I've never heard of a shoe garden and I'd love to see it. Do you have more pics of the shoe garden? Perhaps a past entry?
Lovely entry today.
Pam

Nancy said...

Phenomenal, Ms. Carly! I love both shots...very cool indeed. (I never knew dragonflies came in red either).

Hugs,
nancy

http://journals.aol.com/nhd106/Nancyluvspix/

Teena in Toronto said...

What a cool pic! I was reading a novel yesterday about a dragonfly landing on someone's back ... now I know exactly what they meant!

Thanks for stopping by mine :)

Anonymous said...

WOW! Look at those shoes, that is so cool! Love the dragonly too, I'm obsessed with getting good shots of them, and butterflies as well!

Anonymous said...

absolutely love that dragonfly!!! he is beautiful. :) thanks for helping me out. :)

Steven said...

Nice red dragonfly! The red ones here are very shy and not easily photographed. I always look on the red ones as a serious challenge.

Good red!

Karen Funk Blocher said...

The ruby slippers are especially intriguing, and intriguingly photographed. Coolness!

I'm not going to comment on most of the entries I'm catching up on here tonight - but I'm reading 'em! Progress is being made!