Monday, February 12, 2007

The Nightmare Before Valentine's Day

"Love is something eternal; the aspect may change but not the essence."

-Vincent Van Gogh

Is this story romantic or what? Imagine spending eternity wrapped in the arms of your lover. Eternal compassion and comfort. No fear, no pain, no seperation. Only time. A future certain, and a past forgotten. I mean that the couple in the above photo, is the perfect illustration of what it is like to find your soul mate. They have been together between 5,000 and 6,000 years, and I bet they saw forever the first moment their eyes met. I can only imagine what it must have been like for archaeologist, Elena Menotti, when her team uncovered the couple, earlier this month, near the town of Mantova, located in northern Italy. Forgive me, sometimes I get all caught up in the romantic notions of life, but you have to remember, I come by it honestly. I am a Cancer after all, and nothing inspires me more, than the thought of there actually being a love, that even time will stop for.




"Lovers" By Danny Hahlbohm

Forever (Haiku)
By OndineMonet

Hold Me To Your Soul
And We Will See Forever
In Each Other's Eyes

Now In Italian...

Per sempre (Haiku)
By OndineMonet

Tenerlo alla vostra anima
E verdremo per sempre
In occhi di ciascunno

Google Language Tools Translator

-OndineMonet

1 comment:

sunflowerkat said...

We all wish for love like that in our lives. It will be interesting to learn if more of the story unfolds. It's certainly leaves much to the imagination.

Your haiku is beautiful....both in English AND Italian