Friday, February 23, 2007

John Scalzi's Weekend Assignment #153: When Computers Attack

"My computer must be broken, whenever I ask a wrong question, it gives a wrong answer."

-Ashleigh Brilliant

Weekend Assignment #153: with one person but in fact were Share a story of true computer horror. Your computer blow up just before a big presentation? You forgot to take down a compromising picture before the in-laws come over? Ever thought you were IMingIMing someone else? Share! You'll feel better. Really.

Extra Credit: So, ever actually hit your computer in frustration?

-John Scalzi (By The Way)

Tee Hee. I am so boring. I have never really had a problem with my computer. While I jokingly refer to her as, "Megan," as in "this computer is making me crazy," she, in fact, has been very well behaved and quite fun to be around. In fact, she is my friend. LOL. I celebrate her birthday and everything. She is a Libra, same as my car, Lilith. :)

Oh there have been the occasional moments of frustrating computer incidents over the years, such as the time my beloved computer interacted with the wrong riff-raff computer and got a nasty virus. That was a nightmare in a half, but at the same time I learned about how important it is to run full virus scans... often. And there are times when it seems like it takes forever to get an Internet page to load. That is when I tend to make this little... GRRRRRRRRR... sound, which my cat Elvis has now picked up the sound, and tends to use it, during moments he finds frustrating. It's too funny to see and hear that little mutter coming from him, but at the same time, I am reminded about how little patience I have at times, especially when it comes to my computer. Sigh... something to work on I suppose.

Extra Credit: Hit Megan? Never... she is my friend... she shares the world with me, takes me to exotic lands, and allows me to see my friends and family whenever I want. She helped me find my pal H. P. in this big world, and she helps me keep in touch with, among others, Mr. November. No, even with all the frustration she can provide at times, I am pretty happy I have her. :) No worries.

-OndineMonet
"Megan"
Berkeley, California
Spring, 2005
Late Evening

1 comment:

Dave said...

I used to have all kinds of computer problems until I discovered the solution: I bought a Mac. The problems stopped, and now it just works. (contented sigh) I love my Mac.