Thursday, January 25, 2007

Maybe Someday...

"Physically you are a human being, but mentally you are incomplete. Given that we have this physical human form, we must safeguard our mental capacity for judgment. For that, we cannot take out insurance; the insurance company is within; self-discipline, self awareness, and clear realization of the disadvantages of anger and the positive effects of kindness."

-Dalai Lama

It's quiz time again! I always have a difficult time trying to decide what new quiz to take that will be both fun, and informative, while I am on a quest of self-discovery. When I was a little girl, I longed to grow up, because I just knew all the answers to all of life's mysteries were only a few birthdays away. I decided when I was about 7 or so, that when I reached 35, I would be officially over the hill. It just made sense, because by that age...what could be left to learn? LOL. I will be 45 in June, and to my profound amusement, I am still growing up! LOL. Go figure.

Still, I think I am happy that there are still one or two things to learn about myself... and others. After 16 1/2 years of marriage, Alan and I are still learning new things about each other, because thank goodness, we are continuing to grow as people, and as a couple. Being a grown-up sure isn't what I thought it would be. So much for having it all figured out! :) Your turn. Feel like joining me in some quizzes? Just click the links below, and either leave your answers in the comment thread, or post your entry in your own blog, then come back here and leave me the link, so I can visit you. Come on... you know you want to! ;)

QUIZ #1
What Does Your Candy Heart Say?


You're a true romantic who brings an innocent hope to each new relationship.

You see the good in every person you date, and you relish each step of falling in love.

Your ideal Valentine's Day date: a romantic dinner your sweetie cooks for you.

Your flirting style: Friendly and sweet.

What turns you off: cynics who don't believe in romance.

Why you're hot: you always keep the romance alive.

QUIZ #2
What Year Do You Belong In?


***You Belong In 1967***
1960 - 1969
You are a free spirit with a huge heart. Love, Peace, and happiness rule - oh, and drugs too!

QUIZ #3
What Happened The Year You Were Born?


***1962***

*John F. Kennedy is president of the United States.
*John Glenn becomes the first American in orbit, when he circles the earth three times in the Mercury capsule Friendship 7.
*Cuban Missile Crisis occurs when Soviet offensive missile build-up is discovered.
*Cuban Missile Crisis is averted when President Kennedy and Soviet premiere Krushchev agree to remove missiles.
*Marilyn Monroe is found dead in her Los Angeles home.
The drug Thalidomide is recalled when it becomes linked with severe birth defects in thousands of children worldwide.
*Pantyhose become available for sale in U.S. department stores.
*Jim Carrey, Sheryl Crow, Jon Bon Jovi and Tom Cruise are born.
*New York Yankees win the world series.
*Gren Bay Packers win the NFL championship.
*Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley cup
*Lawrence of Arabia wins the Oscar for best picture
*The Beatles release their first recording: the single "Love Me Do"/ P.S. I Love You"
*Johnny Carson debuts as host of The Tonight Show.

Ok... Your Turn!

-OndineMonet

3 comments:

DesLily said...

here's one for what happened in 1962.. I graduated from high school!.. aggggggggggggh.

Charley said...

Is this a work up to your soul mate post? :) I feel your writing creeping in that direction!

Carly said...

Hey Charley...

Yep. I am getting there. I hope to have that post up later this weekend or really early next week, ;) Stay tuned! :)