Monday, January 08, 2007

I Want Pluto To Be A Planet Again

"Dreams are illustrations... from the book your soul is writing about you."

-Marsha Norman

I found this sign on the side of a building, just off Telegraph, here in Berkeley. I think I am inclined to agree. Some things should never change, such as what constitutes a planet. I liked Pluto right where it was, not that it's actually moved from the sky or anything, but in a way it feels like we have sent it to the back of the room. Sad. My goodness, the things I ponder when I have a fever. Yesterday (Sunday) it was the planet Pluto, old loves and, Tony Soprano.

I am getting better, I think, from this coughy, achy, stuffy head, feverish, funkiness of me. My fever is down, but not gone, so I am really achy. I liked my temperature at 104, but at least I know I will be better soon. Another sign I am on the mend is the weirdness of my dreams. Sunday afternoon I dreamed I was having lunch with Tony Soprano. It was a nifty good time really, just Tony and I, hanging out, enjoying the warm spring sun. Spring? Apparently I am already done with winter.

Or maybe it was giving me something to look forward to in the spring? It's not that I need anything to look forward to mind you... all is well... maybe I just dreamed that there was going to be a nice, sunny day in spring where I wouldn't mind hanging out with Tony Soprano. Oddly enough the only disturbing part was the quick image sight of Mr. November in the far background. The long ago and far away background. Maybe the sight of Mr. November is representational of a cold day in spring. Yeah, like that never happens. :) I think I just want Pluto to be a planet again.

-OndineMonet
"Hey, Pluto"
Berkeley, California
January, 4th 2007
Late Afternoon


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree Pluto is a planet and always will be to me. :-)

Please get well soon!

Hugs,

Deb

sunflowerkat said...

Has winter come to the bay area? It certainly is making a weak showing on the east coast.

I hope by now you're feeling better!

Nancy said...

Pluto will always be a planet in my eyes. It's sort of like young love...it's as real as any love that you feel later on...no matter what the others tell you.

Maybe not the best analogy, but Pluto is still a planet, dammit!

Nancy
http://journals.aol.com/nhd106/Nancyluvspix/

Karen Funk Blocher said...

I love that photo! You should show it to Scalzi.