Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Your Monday Photo Shoot: Foliage 2006

"Autumn, the year's last loveliest smile."

-William Cullen Bryant

Your Monday Photo Shoot: Leaves are changing all over the US - show us the foliage in your neck of the woods. Normally I would say that a picture from your archives are fine and dandy, but for this assignment try to get fresh photos of the change of the season. Remember also that even though this is called the Monday Photo Shoot, you can still submit pictures, Tuesday, Wednesday, or even Thursday morning - so you have some time to find that perfect fall photo.

-John Scalzi (By The Way...)

Autumn may arrive on the same date all over the U.S., but you wouldn't really know it is autumn in the Bay Area, well at least not yet. :) I don't mind, I just go looking for it, and usually I am able to find it here and there. Especially in downtown Berkeley around the campus and in the hills above where I live. I will probably have a ton of autumn foliage photos in a couple weeks, but for now I have a few examples of early autumn to share. :) Enjoy!

Orange Hibiscus

"There is a harmony in autumn, and a luster in it's sky, which through the summer is not heard or even seen, as if it could not be, as if it had not been!"

-Percy Bysshe Shelley


-OndineMonet
"Early Autumn Friend"
San Francisco, California
Autumn, 2006

6 comments:

DesLily said...

Ohhhh Carly! Your Orange Hibiscus is simply gorgeous!!! (I had yellow ones when I lived in florida but that orange takes over yellow by a landslide!)

all great pictures.. as always!

Anonymous said...

Just lovely. My hibiscus is just about finished blooming. But they are gorgeous when they are at their peak.

Hugs,

Deb

Charley said...

It's time for me to get a camera! :)
Charley
http://journals.aol.com/cdittric77/courage

Anonymous said...

How do you get such beautiful pics? They are worthy of opening your own art gallery. LOL. Great job on the photo shoot. Looking forward to each entry. :)
http://journals.aol.com/mrsm711/LatteDah/
Tracy

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your great photos - I especially liked the close ups of the flowers. The orange on the hibiscus is so pure and intense!

http://journals.aol.com/sarshep/RandomBeauty/

Karen Funk Blocher said...

Considering you had to go looking for fall, you sure did a great job of finding it! Great pics!