Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Unspecified Personal Issues or What's Up With This Chick?

"In Hollywood, brides keep the bouquets and throw away the groom."

-Groucho Marx

Oh my, she's back... Jennifer Wilbanks, the "Runaway Bride." Will this gal ever go away? LOL. So what's out little girl up to now? Well, it seems she is suing the former love of her life for $500,000. Yep, Jennifer feels she is entitled to $250,000, as her share of a home purchased by her then fiance, John Mason, from proceeds of the sale of their story to a media agent, and $250,000 in punitive damages, for what she claims were abuses by Mr. Mason, of the power of attorney rights she gave him to handle their affairs. The saga continues. Sigh. Jennifer Wilbanks has certainly lead a colorful life. While researching this lady earlier today, I came across an interesting in-depth interview between the "runaway bride" and Katie Couric on MSNBC. The interview was conducted in June of 2005. Here are some of my favorite moments...


"Ironically, you know, when I told John I was going to run, that's what I was doing. Because that's what I have always done."

-Jennifer Wilbanks

Then didn't she know, at least somewhere deep down, before she caused all the drama?

"First of all, that night, my running had absolutely nothing to do with this wonderful man sitting right here beside me."

-Jennifer Wilbanks

As crazy as my wedding day was, and the days leading up to it for that matter, it never once occurred to me to ditch Alan. So, couldn't she have gone to her fiance and told him she wanted to run away?

"I don't want to give myself to John, until I feel I am the right person for him. And right now I don't."

-Jennifer Wilbanks

What do you suppose was her first clue? LOL. Do you suppose she felt she was like Julia Roberts in "Runaway Bride," and Richard Gere would be just a jilted groom away?

Sigh. It seems like our heroine has a little further to go on her journey to strong mental health. Of course, as you know, the course of true sanity never did flow smoothly... or was that the road of true love? LOL. Ok, here's a question for my male readers. Knowing what you know about this lady, and her story, would you consider her a great catch? And the question for everyone is, "Is this really a news story? Share your thoughts with me in the comment thread of this entry. Come on... don't be shy... GO FOR IT!

You already know what I think about the whole thing...

Jennifer...HONEY...GO AWAY

Katie Couric Interviews Runaway Bride

Runaway Bride Sues Former Fiance

-OndineMonet



No comments: