Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Your Monday Photo Shoot: Color Opposites

"The Most exciting attractions are between two opposites that never meet."

-Andy Warhol

Your Monday Photo Shoot: Post a picture that focuses on the contrast between two opposing colors. What colors are opposites? Green and red are opposites, as are blue and yellow, and orange and purple. So, a picture that has something purple in front of something orange would work, or a picture that features blue and yellow in alternating stripes. The subject of the picture could be anything you like - but there have to be opposing colors in there."

-John Scalzi

I haven't been out with the camera in about a week, so I decided today might be a good day to do some more "still life" photos of the summer harvest from the garden. I will post some of those photos soon, but in the meantime, I am still finding inspiration in those lovely pears. My goodness are they ever delicious. I sat under the tree for a while yesterday, and just ate them right off the lower limbs. Juicy, buttery and sweet. Almost erotic. My goodness can my mind ever wander! :)

More moments of contrast...

Now this guy, is a study in contrasting colors!

A red butterfly with a green body! I wasn't able to get any info about it, but it was absolutely stunning! Ahhhh...things with wings! :)

Color Matters (An excellent resource for information on colors)


-OndineMonet
"Pear In Blue"
Berkeley, California
Monday, September 18th, 2006
Late Afternoon

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice colors and a variety, the pear is very well done.

MariesImages said...

LOvely contrast on all, but the first one is striking!!! Beautiful vivid color!!!
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariebm56/PhotographsMemoriesToo/

Karen Funk Blocher said...

Yow! I love all of those, but most especially the pear.

Anonymous said...

They are all beautiful! I've never seen butterfly like that...I love butterflies. It is gorgeous.

Globetrotter said...

Gorgeous photos, Carly. Love that parrot! I hate to break it to John, but Yellow and blue are not complementary colors. Two primaries cannot be complementary. The compliment of blue is orange and the compliment of yellow is purple. He got the red and green right, though.

Anonymous said...

If eating a pear is erotic you have either been getting some great sex lately or need some. Hopefully its the first, but if not go satiate that appetite girl!
~Heidi
http://journals.aol.com/whirlygirlie66/WHIRLYGIRL/