Thursday, September 28, 2006

Transitions

"Change is inevitable - except from a vending machine."

-Robert C. Gallagher

Ah yes... change. Sigh. Don't like it... nope... would fight it, but what can you do? Change happens. It's time to replace our cars, which means, in a few days I am going to have to face saying goodbye to my 1999 Saturn SL1 "Angelica." She has seen me through so much, and through it all, she held steady. We had chosen well for our vehicles, I can't say enough good things about Saturn. It's time however, and to be honest, it's like losing a dear friend. Angelica took me to my parents gravesite, the little stay I spent at the "WHATTHE HELL HAPPENED" hospital, and a few other yuckinesses that life has a way of throwing at you. She also took me to see, one of the great crushes of my life, Micky Dolenz, when he held a concert at the beach in Santa Cruz. She has taken me on all my photo jaunts, and too many sweet, dreamy nights at the Marin Headlands, as we watched the sunset over San Francisco. The good times, the bad times, a car is there for all of it. I am just too sentimental for my own good. Oh well, I 'm off to the Saturn dealership tomorrow, to maybe buy two new cars... it's time. It's time. :(

Have You Ever Seen The Rain
By Creedence Clearwater Revival

Someone told me long ago, there's a calm before the storm
I know
It's been coming for sometime
When it's over, so they say, it'll rain a sunny day
I know
Shinin' down like water

I want to know, have you ever seen the rain...
I want to know, have you ever seen the rain...
Comin' down on a sunny day?

Yesterday, and days before, sun is cold and the rain is hard
I know
Been that way for all my time
Til forever on it goes through the circle fast and slow
I know
And I can't stop I wonder,

I want to know, have you ever seen the rain
I want to know, have you ever seen the rain

Comin' down on a sunny day?

-OndineMonet
"Transition"
Fort Point
San Francisco, California
May, 2006

2 comments:

Charley said...

I know your pain. I refuse to part with Traveler, my Mustang. He's never, ever, going anywhere. My grave will have to be huge, because he's coming with me.

As for rain on a sunny day, I have seen it...depression is almost like that - everyone else sees a sunny day but somehow you feel the rain.

Charley
http://journals.aol.com/CDittric77/courage

Karen Funk Blocher said...

So what happened with the car? At least yours wasn't totaled like mine, and your Saturn dealership is still there. We noticed several weeks about that Saturn of Tucson, where we bought three cars, is now something else entirely!