Friday, August 04, 2006

John Scalzi's Weekend Assignment #123: Dog v. Cats... There Can Be Only One

"If you hold a cat by the tail, you learn things you cannot learn any other way."

-Mark Twain

Weekend Assignment: 123: Dogs. Cats. There can be only one! Choose which you prefer and tell us why. No weaseling out, people... you can't say "oh I like them both." You must choose! Don't worry: In real life all the cats or dogs won't disappear if you choose the other species. Honestly, as long as you keep the food coming, everything will be groovy with your pets. So pick one, already. We promise we won't tell. And pets can't read.

Extra Credit: Isn't it obvious? Cat pictures! Dog pictures! Go nuts!

-John Scalzi

Cats or dogs? Hmmm. Well, I have owned both, but I will have to say, at this point in my life, CATS RULE! "Why?" You ask. Well, here are a few very good reasons...



Cats rule, because sometimes they smile when they are sleeping!

Cats rule, because sometimes they ask to wear goggles!

Cats rule, because sometimes they just do!

Cats rule, because they can dress quite stylish! :)

My cat rules, because he pats my tears when I cry, growls at George Bush, when he is on the TV, sits on my feet when they are painful and swollen, and he is a great listener. He will have no part of Alan and I fussing with each other, and he loves the wild birds, opossums, and other creatures that happen through our yard. In truth, I don't know about all cats, but I do know, my cat RULES!

Extra Credit: See Above!

-OndineMonet
"Elvis Has Left The Table"
"Elvis 1, 2, 3, 4"
Berkeley, California
2005/2006


9 comments:

Chris said...

I just love Elvis. He is the cutest cat ever! I miss my kitties. I can't have them because Owen is highly allergic to them. Sigh....maybe one day....

DesLily said...

that last picture is just too funny! lol lol..gotta love a cat like that! hahaha

Suzanne R said...

Elvis is the king . . . cat! ;-) I love kitties, too, as you know. They rule for me all the way! And it's no wonder the species is so great, with kitties like mine and like Elvis!

Anonymous said...

OMG i loved those pictures. I wish my animals let me dress them up like that. And you're right on the cats always seeming like they are the rulers. :)
Felicia
http://journals.aol.com/dragonrose3911/PIT

Anonymous said...

Love the pix!

Cindy said...

Yes, Cats Rule! (and Dogs Drool...)

I love Elvis!!!

xo Phinney

V said...

Woo Hoo!!!
The BOSS!
V

The first pic is my fave!

Karen Funk Blocher said...

Hey, no fair! You just happen to have a truly extraordinary cat!

Anonymous said...

That's so true! Cats rule ( dogs you know drool)!!! Dogs are evil, FAKE pathedic THINGS!!! Cats are so better!